ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bryce Petty interaction

aknimitz

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2009
San Antonio
Bryce Petty is looking to get a side hustle into the transportation industry. I have some expertise in that industry and a telephone conference was scheduled with me, Bryce and my buddy that was making the introduction. I started off the conversation with "Look, before we get too far into this, you have to know I pretty much hate you and you're directly responsible for two of my WORST OU experiences. First, it was 2014. Me and my best friend (who has since passed away, LOVE YOU JEFF VAUGHAN) were in Norman to go watch Baylor get stomped. We tailgated with Barry at my friend's tailgate. Got drunk. Marched into the stadium for a good time. And watched you and Corey Coleman run 10 yard hooks for a whopping 15 receptions and 224 yards with our CBs playing like 10/15 yards off the receiver. And I had to watch that shit live. Play after play. So **** you and Corey Coleman for that. And second, it was 2013. I was in Waco for the last game at that old piece of shit stadium. You guys thought you were going to be rowdy with a blackout crowd. I was walking around the stadium with a 24-pack in full OU gear with a couple of my boys from law school and wifey. We got FULL before the game. Went into the stadium ... I started shouting some nonsense about "Get Ready for Big Boy Football" as we then proceeded to get skull-****ed."

I said all that before he even had a chance to say anything. He just laughed and said "You know, I had a very different experience than you in both of those games!" We just laughed. He was a super cool guy, down to earth, talked about what a freak Corey Coleman was and how he was one of the only QBs I can really remember that beat those "Boomer Sooners" twice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.