ADVERTISEMENT

OSU-OU BB game

Soonerborn59

Sooner starter
Aug 16, 2009
Porter Mosely is a good coach but the way this team plays I wonder how he keeps from losing his mind. The players can’t pass worth a crap, careless with its ball handling and Cortez is nothing but a turn over machine when he is on the court.

Heck this team can’t even finish off a fast break correctly.

Hopefully PM is able to get his players and turn this team into a real basketball team. Dang I miss the teams Tubbs and Sampson had during those coaching staffs.

Turnovers have killed us this entire season.

Against OSU today, we played scared--period. OSU played tough defense but they bullied us and we didn't fight back. Extremely disappointing effort for our fourth consecutive Bedlam hoops loss.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
God almighty, give PM time to work his magic. Ya'll are really over reacting. Imo. Rome wasn't built in one year knuckleheads. 😁

Reactions: SoonerSA
God almighty, give PM time to work his magic. Ya'll are really over reacting. Imo. Rome wasn't built in one year knuckleheads. 😁
I like PM, but with this group its going to take a long time to build Rome. In case you didn’t notice most the players can’t even dribble without losing control of the ball.

Add in the fact the passing skills just are not very good.

I like PM, but with this group its going to take a long time to build Rome. In case you didn’t notice most the players can’t even dribble without losing control of the ball.

Add in the fact the passing skills just are not very good.
First year in brother for Porter, breathe brother. 😁

First year in brother for Porter, breathe brother. 😁
What I see is players trying to do more than their acquired skills. Too often dribbling into a double/triple team and being suffocated with no where to pass. The off the ball players aren't moving to help. These are mental errors that should have been corrected long ago. But they keep doing it over and over again recently. Early in the season the players were moving and setting picks to free the shooter. Not much anymore.

I respectfully disagree. These players are on D1 scholarships. They should have the very basic fundamental skills to perform at D1 levels. PM needs to take these hapless clowns back to the basics of dribbling and passing. Add 3 hours a week to the practice scheduled and drill the hell out of them.

Reactions: iasooner2000
What I see is players trying to do more than their acquired skills. Too often dribbling into a double/triple team and being suffocated with no where to pass. The off the ball players aren't moving to help. These are mental errors that should have been corrected long ago. But they keep doing it over and over again recently. Early in the season the players were moving and setting picks to free the shooter. Not much anymore.
Exactement Monsieur! These mental errors can be drilled out. OU can turn an average bounce pass in traffic into a sports calamity show. OU must hold the all time national record for kicking the ball or bouncing it off the toe.

I respectfully disagree. These players are on D1 scholarships. They should have the very basic fundamental skills to perform at D1 levels. PM needs to take these hapless clowns back to the basics of dribbling and passing. Add 3 hours a week to the practice scheduled and drill the hell out of them.
Well maybe OU should hire the "big fundamental".

Don't get me wrong as I'm not overreacting on Porter Moser's coaching skills and I won't be down on him unless I don't see steady improvement in the fundamentals/turnovers department.

I've not forgotten that he inherited a threadbare roster. His resume strongly indicates that he knows how to build a team and coach it up. I'm also fairly certain he hasn't lost those skills in the past three weeks or so. That said, we have to show some backbone when another team bullies us and we simply didn't do that yesterday.

Last night the guys played with a purpose, a good win for PM. Watching him on the sidelines, he reminds me of BV on how he coaches. PM may need to hire himself a pullback coach. Wonder if BV will have a guy do that this year?

Last night the guys played with a purpose, a good win for PM. Watching him on the sidelines, he reminds me of BV on how he coaches. PM may need to hire himself a pullback coach. Wonder if BV will have a guy do that this year?
Agreed. A completely different OU basketball team took the court last night. Ball control up and down the court. Did not press or push the ball into ill advised situations. And most of all, took the open shots. Great win.

ADVERTISEMENT