ADVERTISEMENT

Opening game moved to August 29

Hurry up and get here August 29 !! We need to come of Gates like our hair is on fire. Whether it is Rattler or Mordecai...they have a seasoned OL and great young receivers.

Reactions: iasooner1
I wouldn’t bet on the game being televised on free TV as OU always has that one game on PPV. It would be nice but I doubt it.

Honestly I doubt the game gets played at all as I figure the Conference will follow the B10 and PAC leads before its said and done. If they play any OOC game my bet it will be the Tenn game

My thoughts are that on 8/29 the networks won't have many options. I'll buy it if it's PPV.

So will I just to see how the team looks with either Rattler or Mordecai behind center. Plus see how the defense does. In the end though I really doubt this game gets played.

My thoughts are that on 8/29 the networks won't have many options. I'll buy it if it's PPV.
If they do it, as they have in the past, you can buy a year subscription to a premium membership on Soonersports.com, and it will include coverage of the game for no additional charge. It's curious if that will have any value in the upcoming year, with a limited number of games across the board, but who knows.

If it's $100 for a year subscription, and fifty bucks for the game on PPV, that's a decent bargain. Probably.

Reactions: iasooner1
Under the Big 12 TV contract, each Big 12 school retains the TV rights to one home game. OU has granted rights to their home game to Fox Sports which is the partner in Sooner Sports. Fox could elect to air the game for free on Fox Sports Oklahoma, but the revenue of a PPV would dwarf any revenue from it being aired on Fox Sports Oklahoma. Since Fox is a partner in Sooner Sports, they have a vested interest in maximizing Sooner Sports revenue.

My money is on a PPV, although nothing would surprise me under the current circumstances. I don't think it can be nationally televised or on a regional network though since under the current contract it is under Tier III rights, but again, nothing would surprise me.

ADVERTISEMENT