ADVERTISEMENT

On Lampkin and why he didn't play against Tulane.

roygbell

Sooner starter
Feb 11, 2011
In Lincoln's PC he was asked about why Lampkin didn't play against Tulane. The issue goes back to last Spring and had to do with academic issues. Riley said he was given a two game suspension. So, he set out the UTEP and the Tulane games. Now he is good to go.

Hopefully, this is the last suspension/practice/effort issue we have with this kid. This kid can be a game changer if he gets in the right mindset and is motivated. So, I hope he is ready to knuckle down and get in shape and help this team from here to the NC game.

In Lincoln's PC he was asked about why Lampkin didn't play against Tulane. The issue goes back to last Spring and had to do with academic issues. Riley said he was given a two game suspension. So, he set out the UTEP and the Tulane games. Now he is good to go.

Hopefully, this is the last suspension/practice/effort issue we have with this kid. This kid can be a game changer if he gets in the right mindset and is motivated. So, I hope he is ready to knuckle down and get in shape and help this team from here to the NC game.

Medic said exactly the same thing yesterday. that he had a 2 game suspension which obviously involving UTEP & Tulane.

You should listen to our new DL coach who praised Lampkins work ethic & power. .
Lampkin looked good vs. Ohio State.

Medic said exactly the same thing yesterday. that he had a 2 game suspension which obviously involving UTEP & Tulane.

You should listen to our new DL coach who praised Lampkins work ethic & power. .
Lampkin looked good vs. Ohio State.

You should know when to keep your thoughts to your self. The last person I would take any advice from is you. You are so out of it, you think no one else has a clue. I don't need your help.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
If he was having continued issues, wasn't putting in the effort, or wasn't in shape, he would have been sitting out the Ohio State game. Him being able to play in a primetime marquee game and sitting out Tulane for his final suspended game is a direct reflection of the effort he's put in. And I agree, I hope he continues on that path.

I don't think bull was giving you advice per se. I think he was just drawing attention back to what his coach was saying about him.

Ya that was the word on the pay board after gameday. I'm sure it's not politically correct to "split up" suspension for games, but hey 2 games are 2 games. Lol

Ya that was the word on the pay board after gameday. I'm sure it's not politically correct to "split up" suspension for games, but hey 2 games are 2 games. Lol
It was originally the first 2 games. Lampkin's efforts led to reconsideration of having the second game not be Ohio State. New coach. Hard work. Like getting to go to the Senior Prom on Saturday for exceeding expectations even though you've been grounded for two solid weeks. You're still serving the time, you just get to catch a break and give up another meaningless Saturday in exchange for a temporary parole to attend the prom.

It was originally the first 2 games. Lampkin's efforts led to reconsideration of having the second game not be Ohio State. New coach. Hard work. Like getting to go to the Senior Prom on Saturday for exceeding expectations even though you've been grounded for two solid weeks. You're still serving the time, you just get to catch a break and give up another meaningless Saturday in exchange for a temporary parole to attend the prom.

Brilliant analogy,

Right on the money.

It was split up because the coaches wanted him to play vs. Ohio State. Lampkin earned the right and the OU DL coach pointed out Lampkin's talents and his work ethic.
Lampkin did play well vs. Ohio State when he was in the game.

Reactions: iasooner1
Berryhill is a top notch Sooner. Personal friend of mine since the beginning of time. He's a straight shooter. With that comes him calling it as it is. He loves and lives reality.
Lucky is he who has a Friend to tooteth his horn for him, rather than to have to tooteth it, himself...

Last edited:
I wouldn't call him special. He's from Berryhill. I hated him in high school. And middle school. And probably some times in between. He's always rubbed his unincorporated status in my face. The proverbial outlier he is.

My dad who is now deceased told me something when I was very young that I will never forgot.
He said if you get a special lifelong friend just once in your life not including your family consider yourself very lucky.

I suppose that the decidedly fresher air in here might reflect the general feelings about the prospects for the season, and the Sooners I saw against tOSU were dazzling.

I wish all my best for this young team, and that the best is just beginning.

I agree. Recruiting has most definitely improved since Riley joined OU. the 2018 Class is looking good too.

I sure hope that the Sooner players do some self policing to reach that ultimate goal. This group of players seems very cohesive. That means there is great leadership within.
I'd give away what I know as the season motto, but then it would be boring when actually revealed. Maybe the bidding can start at $25.

ADVERTISEMENT