ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - GAME #3 - OU VS. IOWA STATE

fortworth4ou2

Sooner signee
Jun 22, 2015
Revenge game!!!! Kick butt and take no names! Can you feel the burn?

OU 52
ISU 10

Boomer D all day today outshines a stout Sooner O!

Gotta give Matt Cambell credit for showing balls of steel going for it. There is a HS coach here in Ark that refuses to punt and always goes for it

Reactions: iasooner1
Each game takes on its own personality but no way you can tell me ISU offense is as good than FAU or UCLA. Something about first time starting QBs that OU tends to make look good.

Hawkeye QB sitting in a rocking chair! No pressure Mike and poor secondary tackling Can't give ISU easy yac TD's

Good answer by the O.

DBs still can't find the ball and get lost staring at the receiver.

Here at the game and it’s hot as balls. That has to account for some of the lethargy. But, OMG the piss poor tackling has no excuse...

he a back-up qb, where the hell is the pressure. Get Motley off the field, put Parker on that guy.

Got a win

I thought the defensive scheme was sound. Poor tackling, poor tackling and once again poor tackling.

That 6'6 WR is a mismatch for anyone but the over the top help wasn't there. Motley was in good position 90% of the time but once again he had missed tackles, but so did everyone. I think Bolton missed the most tackles, I don't have a count but almost every series he had a miss.

The offense looks stout but the Oline has some bad missed assignments. Rodney Anderson was missed. Not having 2 RB over 220, with good speed, wears down offenses.

No one is saying this cant be a championship team but if this team plays like this against WV or TCU it might not end well. I believe in this team but at the same time I realize that OU is going to get some test along the way and just hope like today OU survives.

Looking back, the personal foul penalty against Motley was huge and kept ISU in the game. Absent that, I think we would've cruised. That said, I'll take a 10 point win on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT