ADVERTISEMENT

**OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - GAME #1 - OU VS. FAU

fortworth4ou2

Sooner signee
Jun 22, 2015
New season, new hopes, home game. Been awhile since we had a QB not named Baker. Now it's Kyler's turn. We'll see whether MS can get the D on track.

OU 37
FAU 27

Boomer!

I just don’t think this will be close in the end. Defense shows up for this one.
OU 41 FAU 13.

My original pick was 51-17 Sooners. I am going to tweak it to 55-21 Sooners. The Owls RB is my added concern. Hope Jack In Box does not do his sit back on heels game plan. If so, can add another TD to my above pick for today.

Reactions: Oklabama
Wow. I am really pumped. It's been awhile since I have had so many questions coming into the season. I guess that was the Baker Factor. Now I'm anxious to see what Murray can do as the starter, if Mike can get his head out of his ass long enough to let his coaches coach up the defense, can Drake Stoops really play as a true freshman (what?), how will Lincoln use all our great backs, how will our offense respond without Baker, what player(s) will emerge during the season, etc. Bring it on and BOOMER SOONER!!!

I will try to be optimistic. But the MS scars are deep, man, too deep...
41-31, and we sweat this one out until deep into the 4th Q.

I was thinking we would win 100-0, didn't even realize FAU wasn't a 1AA team, but then I looked up their record and stats from last year and I was surprised by how good they were. I believe they're on a 10-game winning streak? Statistically, they ranked better than us defensively and ranked 9th in offense. Granted, they don't play tough teams during the season because of their conference, but they're a running team and OU has had troubles with teams that run it, ie (ISU and Georgia).

If FAU can successfully run the ball, this will be a close game throughout and fans will be nervous. However, if OU's "talented" DL shows up and shuts down the FAU running game, OU will blow them out.

Everything rides on the FAU running game and turnovers.

I will try to be optimistic. But the MS scars are deep, man, too deep...
41-31, and we sweat this one out until deep into the 4th Q.

Sidenote prediction: In the "all publicity is good publicity" realm, we might see our name continually run across the ESPN/ABC's news scrawls under the heading of "UPSET ALERT", if my score prediction holds true. Let's hope I'm way off and we take them to the woodshed, as we would normally expect!!

Reactions: iasooner1
Sidenote prediction: In the "all publicity is good publicity" realm, we might see our name continually run across the ESPN/ABC's news scrawls under the heading of "UPSET ALERT", if my score prediction holds true. Let's hope I'm way off and we take them to the woodshed, as we would normally expect!!

Well, they have won 10 in a row, but early in the season they lost 3 games and those losses were:

Navy 42-19
Wisconsin 31-14
Buffalo 34-31

With that being said, OU should be able to beat them worse than Navy did.

The defense still worries me. LBs still look pretty bad. That worries me on the year. But we should beat this team fairly easily. 48-17 OU.

You have been deeply STOOPED. Turn that frown upside down! It’s going to be a GLORIOUS DAY!

I've been holding onto this prediction for a while:

We'll miss Baker for his flare but Kyler's one year wonder begins today. And he's going to put on a show.

I am hoping for a Tee Martin the-year-after-Payton Manning year for us!! We’re sooo close and a key but yet unknown/unproven addition to the Defense may be all we need. One can hope

Things I want to see.

Special teams, tight coverage, a consistent FG 45 yards in. Maybe block a punt. When was the last time we blocked a punt? FG, will need to be something we can rely on.
Defensive front 7, shutdown the run and not get pushed around. 3 guys always upfront over 260lbs
Oline, get big gaps
FB/HB, needs to be more then a blocker
Defense has some attitude, Bookie and Broiles are shit talkers. I want to see the defense with a chip on their shoulders. Get some turnovers

Reactions: Rush2112Sooner
Things I want to see.

Special teams, tight coverage, a consistent FG 45 yards in. Maybe block a punt. When was the last time we blocked a punt? FG, will need to be something we can rely on.
Defensive front 7, shutdown the run and not get pushed around. 3 guys always upfront over 260lbs
Oline, get big gaps
FB/HB, needs to be more then a blocker
Defense has some attitude, Bookie and Broiles are shit talkers. I want to see the defense with a chip on their shoulders. Get some turnovers
ask and you shall receive!!!!!!

Reactions: 8085sooner
They are checking off my list. I also expect a 50+ yard run and pass

Boomer

Talk about imposing your will on your opponent, Sooners are dialing it up on both sides of the ball. Kudos to Mike and the D..

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT