ADVERTISEMENT

Notes Day 1 of Metro Team Camp... SCOOPHD added(!)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
OK guys, sorry that we didn't have a live thread - that's completely on me, and to a lesser degree on my camera.

I had a technical glitch (you all don't care so I won't spend time explaining) that kept me from getting pictures and I spent a good portion of the day trying to sort it out.

At any rate, there was PLENTY of interest...

1) Jalen Redmond has become a 'creature'. Dude was always physically impressive but in his pads, looks like a college guy right now. Beyond that he is finally looking comfortable in his own shoes, guy is physical at the point of attack as well as dropping off into coverage in the flats.

Going to be a player, no doubt about it.

2) Oklahoma's Rivals100 offensive tackle Brey Walker didn't go but it wasn't really unexpected. I think with all of the chaos of the week at Southmoore and the reality of what is probably on the horizon for Southmoore they just decided to let him relax and take a few days off. From what I've heard he is still likely to be with the Sabercats next fall and this is just a situation where the guy doesn't have anything left to prove.

3) Looking for a new name in Oklahoma high school football? Check out Oklahoma City Bishop McGuinness' Brynden Walker. A big athlete that could play as a running back, hback, fullback, tight end, defensive end, outside linebacker and might even bring out some high quality h2o.

I'm told that he grew three or four inches and put on roughly 20 pounds (or more) in the last year and he was clearly one of the guys who most quickly jumped out as a name to know.

4) Mustang's Dominik Venegas continues to be a guy that intrigues me. He is the prototype at 6-foot-1 and 175-pounds and I think he has high-major potential but right now he is a talented, and big, athlete playing corner more than a great corner. He hasn't found the ball yet (in two days of watching him) though he does a good job staying in phase and keeping the receiver from catching the ball as well.

5) A guy that I liked more than I have before is Bishop McGuinness' Owen Condon who looked better than before getting out in space and just looks to be a guy that is starting to grow into his body. That said, I'd still like to see more physicality in his game.

6) An intriguing guy from Edmond Santa Fe was Rey Burnett, a 2019 6-foot-5, 300-pound offensive tackle who has spent much of his time focusing on basketball. Give him some time and I think he could be a name worth remember.

I'll add some more shortly but wanted to give you all some thoughts since the live thread got screwed up by my camera acting dumb...

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.