ADVERTISEMENT

not understanding this new board

Sparx1

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2003
PHoenix AZ
I keep going in and there dont seem to be any new messages. Very boring. Maybe I am not doing it right...or have there not been any new messages over the last couple of days?

Well, Sparx, I don't know what you're expecting here.
It is the deadest part of the year for all sports boards, unless you're into tennis or gymnastics. (incidentally OU is killing in those BTW)
Might I suggest that since you're golden...matriculate over to the Crimson Corner. A lot more traffic, hella lot more new threads...try it.
It could be what your looking for.

Typical response will be "it's just that time of year", but that doesn't apply elsewhere for some odd reason. My only suggestion is to go read other free OU sports information around the interwebs and bring it back here with a "did you hear about...".

Protest? Now a response to the OP is classified as a protest? Most everyone around the free OU sports boards, know why this board is so awkwardly slow with little poster participation from OU fans on the interwebs. Nobody can post without a handful of iron grip posters making it about anything but OU sports and it's fanatics. I've actually come to the conclusion that it's comical and entertaining. LOL!

JMI, you should post a new topic rather than bitch about it. Please do that.

Life is too short to get all upset about a message board.

Last edited:
Protest? Now a response to the OP is classified as a protest? Most everyone around the free OU sports boards, know why this board is so awkwardly slow with little poster participation from OU fans on the interwebs. Nobody can post without a handful of iron grip posters making it about anything but OU sports and it's fanatics. I've actually come to the conclusion that it's comical and entertaining. LOL!

Yep. Must be true since JMISASANO posted it. Those other free boards sure are juggernauts rolling in hundreds of informative posts right now. Good call. Not sure I'll have the time to read that massive amount of information.

Yep. Must be true since JMISASANO posted it. Those other free boards sure are juggernauts rolling in hundreds of informative posts right now. Good call. Not sure I'll have the time to read that massive amount of information.

Medic, consider it an honor that the SoonerScoop free board is one place where these boys stop by to get their OU sports information. But if their appetite for new info doesn't get fed, it's like the toddler who doesn't get his cookie. He gets a little cranky. Thus the criticizing above in JMI and Yankee's comments.

Last edited:
Who cares if this place becomes a ghost town from time to time. It's nice to take time away from checking a message board daily anyways.

edit - heck my bad, I posted about the same thing earlier in the thread

Last edited:
yet this place was a ghostdown at times during the season last year. Explanation please?

Ghostdown? You mean ghost town? The one you made a very "spirited" effort to return to after being banned? Please spare us from your teenaged level of butthurt drama. This board is a great board with great posters.

I wouldn't expect you to get it since your primary objective has always been to troll. It's been obvious to anybody with a shred of neurons. It isn't our problem that you just aren't any good at it. Start to contribute in some non-juvenile way or please make one of those totally awesome free message boards you are a valued member of your home. Your petty bitching is not worthy of further response.

Medic seeing how you are a moderator of the free board I can see why my opinion of this board at the current time can chap your hide a little. However, it doesnt change it from being the truth. I stated this many months ago that the board is dying a slow death and will continue to do so unless outside opinions feel welcomed. Out of 2 or 3 message boards I post on, this one by far is the most cliquish. Sure it feels good to the small few that post calling each other "friend" and "buddy", but it runs potential newcomers out and on to other OU message boards. I honestly thought last football season would provide heavy traffic and new posters. Sadly, it didnt. In the future if you again choose to call me a troll (OB is famous for that word if that tells you anything), I will only chuckle at the ridiculous accusation. I can happily state that while my opinions sometimes dont go with the oldtimers of the board, atleast they have been my opinions and no one elses. If thats trolling, so be it. In the end, if I get banned or any others what do we lose out on? seeing 3 or 4 guys talk to each other every day? lol. Wow. Good luck Scoop, maybe it will grow.

Reactions: BillyRay
Hahahahahahaha! "Spot on" as usual! You couldn't "chap my hide" if you peed on it during a brutal winter with a continuous 70 mph north wind. You forget a few of us know who you are in real life.

I didn't bother to read any of the drivel you posted after that brilliant sentence though. I'm sure it was long winded and full of the usual. I do hope it was good stuff for those who may bother to read it though. I don't want this board to die and posters like you are the only hope at life support we have.

Sure you didnt Medic. You hang on my every word which is why usually i post you are right there behind to make your little snide remarks. Perhaps if i went a tirade trashing Josh and calling this place a cess pool I would be more accepted??? the OP asked why no one has posted much in the past couple of days. JMIS gave his opinion and I agreed with it. Are you going to contribute to the topic or just follow me around? Im just wondering that way im prepared for it. Thanks

also why the comment "you forget a few of us know who you are in real life"? How is that? Seeing how my email isnt under my real name, are you implying mods (former or current) or other posters are releasing personal info to you and other posters? I hope not, thats a no-no.

Hahahahahahaha! Poor Yankee. I guess you forget you had a little tussle with a former poster here whose personal information you chose to disclose and bash on the message boards. An email you posted on the board back in the day did indeed lead to your personal information. He didn't need a moderator to disclose anything. But just so you know, mod "skills" doesn't disclose anything personal about anyone.

I would never do what you did though. I have more class than that.

No medic, i only have 2 emails and NEITHER of them have my real name. And what did I do Medic? Make a simple signature in which ANOTHER poster on here had already released that personal information? Yes, thats all I did. Meanwhile the guy you fellas like to side with made over 250 posts about me BEFORE I ever made that sig line. That guy ALSO sent threatening emails mentioning my wife and kids. That guy ALSO released personal info as well. Do you have more class than to do that stuff as well? I hope so. Since you guys like to whine and cry around about poor you know who on a regular basis, then perhaps in the future you will allow me to post both sides of the story. If necessary, I will email you, Josh and others emails (ones that 2 posters here have read and couldnt believe what they said) that I received during that time that were pretty disturbing. I think its best we just drop this

Save your crap for somebody who might believe you Yankee. I'm not one of them. Sorry to burst your fragile bubble, but I know the person we are referring to in person. You can claim he made threats, but we both know you have never, nor can provide proof because it's a pile of crap you made up.

You're the only person who whined to anybody when you made it personal and he reciprocated. All water under the bridge though. You're here, he isn't. One of you is actually a respected Sooner legend. We both know that isn't you.

Which brings me back to my point that those totally awesome boards that aren't "ghostdowns" might be more suitable to your tastes. If not, maybe consider owning up to your non-factual BS attempts to run down this board. Your begging to be reinstated didn't exactly convey you could live without this board. It's the best free OU message board out there and has been for years. If you want more, pony up a few bucks and join the pay board like many of us have.

Cheers JD!

You couldn't "chap my hide" if you peed on it during a brutal winter with a continuous 70 mph north wind. You forget a few of us know who you are in real life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did someone mention peeing and chapped hides during a brutal winter?

Fence.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT