ADVERTISEMENT

Not a good start

Soonerborn59

Sooner starter
Aug 16, 2009
FSU took it to our Sooners last night and now we are going to see if they can bounce back. Errors have been an issue for them during this whole WCWS tournament and I believe the commentaters last night said it was the 9th errors during this span. Something which has been uncommon for this team all season.

Hopefully tonight they play clean and get the bats going early instead of late. I would guess that G starts tonight and hopefully she contues to be dominant like in her last few appearances. I still wonder why she left May in so long last night since it was obvious her pitches were not overall effective.

Oh and I hate the obstruction rule and I think both times it was called it was very boarderline. I think they bounce back tonight and in a big way but FSU is the hottest team right now and as we all know when it comes to these type of tournaments its a toss-up.

Reactions: LikeClicker3000
The Sooners are just too cordial to their guests to a fault.
Tonight is do or die (again); I think we will bounce back and play clean and get to Thursday

I wish I understood Gasso's logic in starting May rather than Juarez in the first game. FSU can hit and run fast. We allowed them a hot start and they took advantage of our gift. FSU did not start their best pitcher so Gasso may have been doing a matching game.
I also did not understand waving the runner home in the bottom of the 7th. That run did not matter, the out certainly did. I will say this: OU had an inordinate amount of hard outs. Also the "ace" for FSU came in and either did not have her stuff or does not match up well against OU's lineup. Should be interesting tonight...cheers.

I also did not understand waving the runner home in the bottom of the 7th. That run did not matter, the out certainly did. I will say this: OU had an inordinate amount of hard outs. Also the "ace" for FSU came in and either did not have her stuff or does not match up well against OU's lineup. Should be interesting tonight...cheers.
Gasso admitted she made a mistake on sending her. According to tweet she also told the team she was sorry.

Tonight not a great start again as we are down 2-0. It is becoming apparent the WCWS needs replay as the 1st base ump is horrible. Mendez was easily safe and that would have put runners at the corner with 2 outs. Then the FSU batter clearly is out of the baseline avoiding the tag at 1B. If I remember right the ump at 1B is the same home plate ump that called us for obstruction twice last night.

The HR was a clear HR though. I swear the FSU hitters must be seeing the ball like its the size of a beach ball.

Gasso admitted she made a mistake on sending her. According to tweet she also told the team she was sorry.

Tonight not a great start again as we are down 2-0. It is becoming apparent the WCWS needs replay as the 1st base ump is horrible. Mendez was easily safe and that would have put runners at the corner with 2 outs. Then the FSU batter clearly is out of the baseline avoiding the tag at 1B. If I remember right the ump at 1B is the same home plate ump that called us for obstruction twice last night.

The HR was a clear HR though. I swear the FSU hitters must be seeing the ball like its the size of a beach ball.
I am in Dallas area. A retired sportscaster had a theory about teams in playoffs: the "that f-ing team" theory. You run in to a team playing above their head, all calls go their way, etc. FSU may be that f-ing team this year...

ADVERTISEMENT