ADVERTISEMENT

Not a big surprise. Rattler named starting qb.

In Lincoln's virtual presser, he said that Mordecai missed 70% of preseason practices, but he's now full go. Wouldn't say if it was COVID, injury or something else. Nobody asked a question about suspensions. He was asked about young guys, but didn't mention a single freshman, except when specifically asked about the quarterback room. He mentioned that Morris looks great., and he wouldn't trade quarterback rooms with anybody in the country. But he said everybody on the roster looked good.

Related to the question about young guys making an impression, I remember his mentioning the names of Brey Walker and Brian Asamoah. T.J. Pledger and Jeremiah Criddell were mentioned. He also said that the transition from safety to linebacker was going well for Robert Barnes and Jamal Morris. And he positively mentioned rush guys Jon-MIchael Terry and Nik Bonitto. JMT isn't young, but he's been hurt a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner1
For what it's worth, it was written that Mordecai and Rattler had "a tightly contested battle" despite Mordecai missing most of spring camp.
Anyway, I like the depth at QB and I also believe that freshman Chandler Morris will have a good college career.... somewhere, if not at OU.

No doubt that it's a solid QB room. It's going to get interesting to see what takes place when Caleb starts pushing for playing time w/ Rattler still being the BGOC. Gonna be fun to watch.

Plenty of upside on offense even without Brooks, Stevenson, and Hazelwood. Defense needs to come out strong and keep that momentum. If you look at the mythical world of offense and defense unit ranking numbers we are #2 offense and #35 defense. If we can get defense within the Top 20...this team can move way up to top 1-3. But this is assuming a full season without CoVid or injuries.

Reactions: iasooner1
No doubt that it's a solid QB room. It's going to get interesting to see what takes place when Caleb starts pushing for playing time w/ Rattler still being the BGOC. Gonna be fun to watch.
So much can happen when, or by the time Caleb Williams arrives.
First there are always the problem of random injuries. OU has more than its fair share each year.
Then transfers.....in this case Mordecai or Morris could exit.
I doubt if Williams agrees to redshirting in 2021.
Whatever, OU looks to have a pleasant problem if at least three stay around and stay healthy.

Plenty of upside on offense even without Brooks, Stevenson, and Hazelwood. Defense needs to come out strong and keep that momentum. If you look at the mythical world of offense and defense unit ranking numbers we are #2 offense and #35 defense. If we can get defense within the Top 20...this team can move way up to top 1-3. But this is assuming a full season without CoVid or injuries.

With the depth at Oline, even without a star RB, those guys will bulldoze dlines, all 4 quarters.

Reactions: JConXtsy
ADVERTISEMENT