ADVERTISEMENT

New AP Poll...OU continues to win, and fall

The fall isnt enough. This team is not a top 10 team and may not even be Top 15. This is a team that now has a lot to prove over the final 12 games.

Reactions: WP76
Maybe it'll get their attention but I'm guessing not. The attitude infusion Baker brought to this team is becoming a distant memory. Zero attitude or passion coming from either side. Looks much like the final Stoops years. Just going through the motions, complacent and entitled. Maybe watching Texas take the Big XII this year is what it's going to take to light the fire under the players. There's no fire in Lincoln and he is an SJW. It will always be a weak link for him.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Maybe it'll get their attention but I'm guessing not. The attitude infusion Baker brought to this team is becoming a distant memory. Zero attitude or passion coming from either side. Looks much like the final Stoops years. Just going through the motions, complacent and entitled. Maybe watching Texas take the Big XII this year is what it's going to take to light the fire under the players. There's no fire in Lincoln and he is an SJW. It will always be a weak link for him.
Just a funny feelin but I think LR jumps to the NFL before OUr move to the sec. Just a feelin.

As the O-Line goes so goes the OU Offensive output. Until the O-Line creates opportunities for the run game, up the middle or around the corners, this team will show little improvement. Oh, and Grinch needs to start game planning for the crossing route under our LBs. Tulane. Nebraska and WVU had success getting the ball to wide open receivers crossing the middle of the field.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Just a funny feelin but I think LR jumps to the NFL before OUr move to the sec. Just a feelin.
I think Lincoln is smart enough to know he has a great thing going. Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban, and now Urban Meyer, are all good examples of what not to do. Not saying it can't be a good thing, but in the age of salary caps, it seems college to NFL coaches have not faired well.

Yeah that ranking so far this season has caused a lot of whining on Social Media lately and Arkie fans especially since they have gotten out of the FBS Basement and are now on their way to winning the Super Bowl, The Blue Ribbon at the County Fair for best Pickles, the World Cup, an Olympic Gold Medal, The World Series etc. 🤣
They are pissed that they are not ranked ahead of us. Who cares.
The irony is SEC teams in general always have over inflated rankings. The other day the Mrs and I were joking that when an SEC team beats another SEC team it counts as 2 wins, the Losing SEC team still gets 1 win and 1 loss if they lose to another SEC team.

Yeah that ranking so far this season has caused a lot of whining on Social Media lately and Arkie fans especially since they have gotten out of the FBS Basement and are now on their way to winning the Super Bowl, The Blue Ribbon at the County Fair for best Pickles, the World Cup, an Olympic Gold Medal, The World Series etc. 🤣
They are pissed that they are not ranked ahead of us. Who cares.
The irony is SEC teams in general always have over inflated rankings. The other day the Mrs and I were joking that when an SEC team beats another SEC team it counts as 2 wins, the Losing SEC team still gets 1 win and 1 loss if they lose to another SEC team.
67, I’ve enjoyed your posts for years belittling the Pigs and the SEC. So how do you really feel about the move to the SEC and the possibility of an OU, Texas, A&M, Arkansas pod? Even if that doesn’t happen, we are going to play the Hogs frequently. You can tell me. I won’t share it with anyone. 😉

67, I’ve enjoyed your posts for years belittling the Pigs and the SEC. So how do you really feel about the move to the SEC and the possibility of an OU, Texas, A&M, Arkansas pod? Even if that doesn’t happen, we are going to play the Hogs frequently. You can tell me. I won’t share it with anyone. 😉

Unless people have lived amongst them its hard to help anyone understand the Piggie fans and how they are. In short they are passionate about their team but man can they be overbearing when they win.
A few yrs ago I was at a Family gathering and Mrs. 67's brother commented on my OU cap I had on. He said Arkansas always beats OU when they play each other. I corrected him and his response was "well we only remember the ones that we won." Lol thats how most of them are.
They are also one of those fan bases that believe since they play in the SEC that they are better than any team not in the SEC. I have already had a few Piggie fans tell me Welcome to the SEC and then laugh then ask me if I am looking forward to OU moving to the SEC. I said yes as we have fared pretty well vs SEC teams over the years and not everyone in the SEC is Alabama.

On the POD question I think playing the Hogs would benefit them the most if they win. They already recruit Texas hard and would like nothing more than to take recruits from the Whorns and OU in Texas. A lot of them here were saying that they would have 2 more losses every year when it was announced that Texas and OU were going to the SEC. Now after beating texas and seeing how OU is struggling they are saying they will kick our rears everytime they play both.
When we play them in the SEC and if they win it will make it hard to be around them but hey I have heard it all before so it won't be a lot different. And if we win I will love rubbing their noses in it. Ha ha

Last edited:
We've been all offense since Riley stepped in. And as a result most fans aren't tuned in to the defense. But the fact is the defense is really, really good this year and getting better each quarter they play. Unfortunately, not many are talking about them YET but I believe they will soon enough.

We've been all offense since Riley stepped in. And as a result most fans aren't tuned in to the defense. But the fact is the defense is really, really good this year and getting better each quarter they play. Unfortunately, not many are talking about them YET but I believe they will soon enough.

I hope so. From what I have seen so far we are going to need them until if and when the O gets its act together.
Maybe the O got tired of doing it all and decided to give the D a little payback this year. Ever think of that? Just joking. I hope they can get the Offense Clicking, could be a really special team if that happens and I think it will but man it needs to happen soon.

ADVERTISEMENT