Jacob Sexton OT
Robert Spears Jennings WR/DB
Alton Tarber OT
Jake Taylor OT
Gentry Williams DB
Javontae Barnes RB
Jalen Kanak LB
John Locke TE

A very talented group providing solid depth. Several obviously stepping into the mix as starters. Like what I see here.

Last edited:
Gabe Brownlow Dindy probably hurts the worst of the recruits who went elsewhere.
I agree, but all things considered, Venables did an incredible job keeping most of the 2022 class intact. Then, he has followed this effort with setting the stage for what I believe will be a solid 2023 class.
Venables" hiring, coupled with Riley's exit, has me more excited than ever about this current state of affairs with OU football.
There have been similar times for me about this team: the 1966 hiring of Jim Mackenzie which laid the foundations of the Fairbanks and Switzer eras, and the hiring of Stoops in 1998 which restored the OU football legacy at a time when I was concerned about the program fading into a second tier program.
These events are the results of the influences of coaches Frank Broyles of Arkansas and Bill Snyder of Kansas State. Mackenzie came in from Broyles' coaching staff and brought a superb group of coaches with him.....then Bob Stoops came in from Florida, but with his earlier stint in Snyder's staff, and did the same in 1998. I think OU owes a debt of gratitude to Snyder and Broyles when all is said and done. These two men were great coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT