ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Wrestling

loopafied68

Sooner commitment
Nov 22, 2021
Wrestling championships are going on right now in Detroit at the Little Caesat's Arena. I got some good friends there that never miss the Championship every year. Next year it is in Oklahoma! I've only been once, in St. Louis a few years ago. Its a 3 day event and it's a blast! Not sure how the Sooners are doing yet.

Cmon brother, fill us in with the schedule and OUr ranking. 😁
Woody, I don't have the schedule, turn on ESPN. Not sure about the rankings either. I just like wrestling. Started out at 42lbs in Broken Arrow and never quit. Wrestling tournaments were always a great source of FUN for me as a child. Woody, schedule is over brother. This is their final "game" Does that make sense?

Woody, I don't have the schedule, turn on ESPN. Not sure about the rankings either. I just like wrestling. Started out at 42lbs in Broken Arrow and never quit. Wrestling tournaments were always a great source of FUN for me as a child. Woody, schedule is over brother. This is their final "game" Does that make sense?
I don't get any news down here in San Antone. I was inquiring more about SOONERS status in the tourney.

I don't get any news down here in San Antone. I was inquiring more about SOONERS status in the tourney.
I would love to tell you their doing great but that just isn't true. Sooners have had their share of great wrestlers and have been a threat as a team. Just not of lately.

I would love to tell you their doing great but that just isn't true. Sooners have had their share of great wrestlers and have been a threat as a team. Just not of lately.
I was stationed in a small army depot in upstate New York, the Finger Lakes district for a couple of years. It was an ultra high security facility that employed a very elite civilian security force to guard that outer boundaries of the Q Area. The head of that force was from Geneva, New York and went to OU on a wrestling scholly. I don't think I have ever met a man more proud of his affiliation to OU than this guy. He was not a young man then but he flaunted his OU gear whenever he was off duty. I was with him in November 1975 the day OU lost to Kansas. We were both wounded human beings that day.

While living in NJ and when my brother attended Rutgers in New Brunswick, NJ from 1962-66, I attended a wrestling match between OU and Rutgers, a match won easily by OU as I recall.
Two OU wrestlers I remember were Cleo McGlory and the heavyweight Luke Sharp who was 6'7", 250 lbs.
I kept my cheering to myself sitting among Rutgers students.
Afterwards, my brother and his two friends took me out for pizza and after I finished my soda, they refilled my glass with beer .....again and again and again....and I left the restaurant a little bit drunk. I think this happened in 1966 when I was 17 years old.
IMO, college and olympic wrestling are great sports and should never share the same label of "wrestling" with the bogus product of professional "wrestling".

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner2000
The match of the night imo was Daton Fix (OSU) versus Roman Bravo-Young (PSU). Just like last year's final, Fix dropped with a 3-2 loss in sudden victory. 133lbs. Fix is a redshirt junior from Sand Springs OK.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT