ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA president wants colleges to directly pay some student athletes. Dec 5th 2023

“Baker’s proposal is aimed at creating a new subdivision, covering all sports, where the richest athletic departments in the so-called Power Five conferences — the Big Ten, Southeastern Conference, Big 12, Atlantic Coast Conference and Pac-12 — can operate differently than the rest.”

So why doesnt the P5 just break off into its own Divisional level and play its own championship. Its really time if you ask me.

The good thing this current system is that it's the free market system at work.. Sort of. But it was only fair that the players most likely to earn money from doing ads would get paid the most. What the NCAA wants to do, is give ALL athletes. some NIL cut. So the girls rowers would get the same that the star football players get. That's they liberal minds, which dominate college anything, is how those "leaders" think.

I think it sucks, but they'll probably make it happen. Idiocy.

The good thing this current system is that it's the free market system at work.. Sort of. But it was only fair that the players most likely to earn money from doing ads would get paid the most. What the NCAA wants to do, is give ALL athletes. some NIL cut. So the girls rowers would get the same that the star football players get. That's they liberal minds, which dominate college anything, is how those "leaders" think.

I think it sucks, but they'll probably make it happen. Idiocy.
I heard on Arkansas radio yesterday ( Drive time sports) that schools would set up payouts based on the sports and how much they generated revenue. Thus FB players would get higher payouts than basketball and so forth. At least that is what I am hearing about the plan.

That's what the schools with bigtime football would want. But the NCAA stands for communism. They want ALL athletes to get bigtime compensation, if anyone gets it. If everybody gets $30K a year the math won't work. It OUGHT to correspond to what their sport produces. But the left wing views of 95% of the colleges in America stands against it. They use the should word, while defining should. It never made any sense. Football doesn't just pay for football. It pays for everything almost anywhere, with the few schools with bigtime basketball making a very partial contribution.

But to those running the NCAA, that doesnt matter.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT