ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA College World Series

Why were we not awarded at least one run for the balk ? (Or at least the batter given first base which would have loaded them up)
I played little league and thought I knew most of the basic rules

Last edited:
The red hot Sooners are "in the catbird seat" as stated by OUr own Toby Rowland. Rest those arms guys.

Another win (just win 1 of 2) is highly do'able over either Aggy or the Irish.

There's a herd of monster Razorbacks lurking. Hoping that Ole Miss takes them out.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner2000
So the 3rd base play,,,,,I know the coach took a hit to the ribs but when he turned and saw the base runner 6 feet off the base why didn't he tell him to get on base?? It "looks" like he just froze in the moment.

The red hot Sooners are "in the catbird seat" as stated by OUr own Toby Rowland. Rest those arms guys.

Another win (just win 1 of 2) is highly do'able over either Aggy or the Irish.

There's a herd of monster Razorbacks lurking. Hoping that Ole Miss takes them out.
We should be cautious of Ole Miss. They started the season #1 and had a few weeks where they crashed and burned. If they get hot they get white hot. I guess Arkansas is just as dangerous. I like the way OU is playing right now. They are super aggressive and pressing the opposition. I know the coaches caught flack over both outs at 3rd but it set a tone that ND could not contain. OU is the most complete team in Omaha right now. Hitting on all cylinders.

I'm glad Stanford was eliminated. They were uncharacteristically off-balance today. They were #2 for a reason. Glad they are on their way home.

I know the coaches caught flack over both outs at 3rd but it set a tone that ND could not contain.

"That's our identity to try and create as much chaos as we can on the offensive side," Sooners head coach Skip Johnson said after the game.

This base running aggression and chaos gets into the head of the pitchers. You take chances and you lose on a few plays, but you win more of them than you lose... one of the main reasons why OU in in Omaha.

Last edited:
Vegas now has OU as the favorite to winning the College World Series. Ole Miss is picked to play OU in the final 2 of 3 games. Peyton Graham is the favorite to win the MVP. Texas A&M and Auburn are picked to exit next. OU to play ND and Ole Miss to Hogs in the semis. Boomer Sooner!
😉 Vegas ain't gonna decide this, forgive me brother as I couldn't give two shits about vegas. I wan't these boys to win "against all odds." The greatest of victories. I can feel it. Imo.

We should be cautious of Ole Miss. They started the season #1 and had a few weeks where they crashed and burned. If they get hot they get white hot. I guess Arkansas is just as dangerous. I like the way OU is playing right now. They are super aggressive and pressing the opposition. I know the coaches caught flack over both outs at 3rd but it set a tone that ND could not contain. OU is the most complete team in Omaha right now. Hitting on all cylinders.

I'm glad Stanford was eliminated. They were uncharacteristically off-balance today. They were #2 for a reason. Glad they are on their way home.
Stanford was a bad matchup for Omaha. They are a slugging team in a stadium where you can hit a howitzer to center for an out in front of the warning track. You have to play great defense and have timely hitting to win in Omaha. And it helps if can run. Despite the wind blowing in, Stanford gave up 17 runs to Arkansas in game one. Stanford, the highest seed before they went home, couldn't hold an Arky team that barely got five against Ole MIss. Apparently, the Pac 12 wasn't very good this season.

So the 3rd base play,,,,,I know the coach took a hit to the ribs but when he turned and saw the base runner 6 feet off the base why didn't he tell him to get on base?? It "looks" like he just froze in the moment.
That was a very weird play. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that in baseball. I'm probably totally wrong, but what I think happened was the 3BC waved our guy when he shouldn't have, saw our guy get tagged out, got pissed and turned away and didn't see the ball come out. Thankfully it didn't cost us.

😉 Vegas ain't gonna decide this, forgive me brother as I couldn't give two shits about vegas. I wan't these boys to win "against all odds." The greatest of victories. I can feel it. Imo.
I am very much aware who will decide the series. My point was to highlight the fact that one week ago OU had the worst odds to win and two games in with six team remaining as of this morning, we are the favorites. Whether you give two shits about Vegas or not, they make a living out of taking bets on their predictions. And that prediction now points to OU.

Stanford was a bad matchup for Omaha. They are a slugging team in a stadium where you can hit a howitzer to center for an out in front of the warning track. You have to play great defense and have timely hitting to win in Omaha. And it helps if can run. Despite the wind blowing in, Stanford gave up 17 runs to Arkansas in game one. Stanford, the highest seed before they went home, couldn't hold an Arky team that barely got five against Ole MIss. Apparently, the Pac 12 wasn't very good this season.
I agree with you but it was not only Stanford bats that fell short. Their pitching could not keep the Hogs off the bases. Stanford's pitching was very subpar this week but I agree they were overrated. The PAC 12 always seems weak once they travel east of the Rockies. Seeing Texas and Stanford exit first was a good omen.

I am very much aware who will decide the series. My point was to highlight the fact that one week ago OU had the worst odds to win and two games in with six team remaining as of this morning, we are the favorites. Whether you give two shits about Vegas or not, they make a living out of taking bets on their predictions. And that prediction now points to OU.

I just hope they are right. 😁

If Sandlin starts and does well, and we knock the Aggies out of the tournament tomorrow, the Sooners have an excellent chance to win the national championship. We've got the pitching to get it done.
Why would they not start Bennett tomorrow? He's rested. Then the next game is Saturday if we win. Are you thinking to hold on to Bennett for a potential 2nd game vs A&M or the first game of the finals? I can see the logic in this scenario also.

Your post while resoundingly accepted by most, my point brother is vegas is 50/50. Crapshoot. I hope OUr young men stay focused without distractions from the vegas influence was my point. We've a special team and hittin on all cylinders at just the right time. Vegas doesn't influence me as I'm no gambler. Now, my feeling is, we've a special team and peaking at just right time. I think SOONERS are gonna run the table, my odds. With or without vegas. 😉

Last edited:
Your post while resoundingly accepted by most, my point brother is vegas is 50/50. Crapshoot. I hope OUr young men stay focused without distractions from the vegas influence was my point. We've a special team and hittin on all cylinders at just the right time. Vegas doesn't influence me as I'm no gambler. Now, my feeling is, we've a special team and peaking at just right time. I think SOONERS are gonna run the table, my odds. With or without vegas. 😉
Fully agree. Vegas is about 55/45 crapshoot in their favor. I am not a betting man but there is credence that comes with being the odds on favorite by Vegas to win at this point. That does not take away or add to what we need to do on the field tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday!!

Fully agree. Vegas is about 55/45 crapshoot in their favor. I am not a betting man but there is credence that comes with being the odds on favorite by Vegas to win at this point. That does not take away or add to what we need to do on the field tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday!!
No doubt about it. But, I'm feelin real good my man, real good. With no vegas influence.

No doubt about it. But, I'm feelin real good my man, real good. With no vegas influence.
Same here. I am super curious about who will start on the mound and the defensive game plan. Offense I am certain will be super aggressive and play fast up tempo ball. I am pumped. A&M has to do it twice and that's hard to do so best we put them away early and look forward to Saturday.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT