ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA College World Series

On the first passed ball, it looked like the catcher did not know what pitch was coming. It was a great season, hopefully, most will return and try to win it all next year.

November 16, 1957...
Bud Wilkinson, to the team after the Streak-Ending Loss to Notre Dame...'Gentlemen, We did not play well enough to win, today'. Many of you know that my husband was in that locker room on that day...Those words resounded in his ears, for years, and he put them to good use in every situation he encountered, for the rest of his short life...ALWAYS Bring Your BEST!!!

November 16, 1957...
Bud Wilkinson, to the team after the Streak-Ending Loss to Notre Dame...'Gentlemen, We did not play well enough to win, today'. Many of you know that my husband was in that locker room on that day...Those words resounded in his ears, for years, and he put them to good use in every situation he encountered, for the rest of his short life...ALWAYS Bring Your BEST!!!
As always you can say what I want to say better than me, Senior. You’re a jewel.

Last edited:
Why do you think we were better than Mississippi? Be specific. Come on, man. Accept what happened and enjoy what we accomplished.
Welp for one, if we'd half the bats we had till today? Do I need to continue? Cade brought the heat just as I thought he would. Two or three balls hit into play coulda turned this game around for us. Pretty simple.

I don't know if the plan was to make their pitchers throw as many pitches as possible, but we sat and watched a lot of strikes go right over the plate. Then we couldn't lay off the high fastball. Several swings and misses on balls out of the zone.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I guess the runner's supposed to run around the bag in foul territory and then come back and touch it? If the ball had hit the runner three or four feet earlier, I'd agree. As it was (and I don't care what the announcers say) it was a horsecrap call.
It was the right call. The runner's feet were in fair territory just before he hit the bag and the glove. If the runner enters the field of play (within fair territory) and interferes with the defensive play on the ball the runner is out. The runner has a plenty of room to run down the line never stepping in fair territory. If the first baseman steps out of bunds and prevent the runner's access to the bag the runner is safe.

Reactions: iasooner2000
It was the right call. The runner's feet were in fair territory just before he hit the bag and the glove. If the runner enters the field of play (within fair territory) and interferes with the defensive play on the ball the runner is out. The runner has a plenty of room to run down the line never stepping in fair territory. If the first baseman steps out of bunds and prevent the runner's access to the bag the runner is safe.
The entire base is in the field of play. A base runner has to step in fair territory to step on the bag.

On just about every base hit the runner is running in fair territory. start teaching infielders to throw to the right side of the bag. If the runner hit the first baseman's glove it's interference. On bunts just throw the ball at the runners back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT