ADVERTISEMENT

My take on Southmoore vs Edmond Memorial

ctwise

Sooner commitment
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2002
Norman, OK
This game was a miss match from the start. Memorial just doesn't have the athletes Southmoore has. I have seen many high school games in Oklahoma, and I believe to have a keen eye for talent when I see it. This is my breakdown of the players I saw that impressed me.

Brey Walker- The kid is massive on the line and passes the eye ball test. I was expecting him to be as explosive as he is big, but I just didn't see that nasty attitude that you look for in a D1 Lineman. His footwork seems a bit on the slow side, but his upside potential is limitless. I didn't see him leverage his size and drive anyone off the line like I expected to see. I could see him rated as a high 3* or a low 4* right now, but he has a lot of work to do for that 5* status. I don't know he realizes how good he can be.

Quindon Lewis- This kid has a gear that most high school kids don't possess. I was impressed with his route running ability, especially the quick slant patterns. Not sure he is OU good, but could make a nice wideout/ slot receiver at the next level. He is definitely a play maker on both sides of the ball. He's got sticky hands and he's elusive and shifty. Quindon and Casey Thompson compliment each other very well. He reminds me of Ryan Broyles a bit as a receiver when he was at Norman High. Quindon's also a decent cover man at the corner position as well, but I project him on the offensive side of the ball at the next level. I see him as a high 3* player.

Casey Thompson- All I can say is Wow. Kid has a rocket right arm with elite speed. He's a Freshman that looks like a senior (Very poised and mature). I was impressed with his mechanics and footwork (quick feet). He can throw the ball on a rope or put a nice touch on it. Several times the ball would make a popping noise coming off the receivers pads. You can tell his Daddy has groomed him to play QB. His strength is throwing the ball on the run with great accuracy. Here is my Bold Statement. I haven't seen a high school QB look as impressive since watching Sam Bradford at PC North. He has all the tools you look for in a dual threat QB. He will have a ton of offers by the time he is a senior. Make a point to go see Casey play, you won't be disappointed. I predict he will be a high 4* or 5* based on his performance last night. I still would have liked to have seen him stretch the field a little more. A talent like Casey doesn't come around too often.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.