ADVERTISEMENT

my opinion on this team going forward.

southtexassooner

OU scholarship offer
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2014
Victoria Texas
My opinion isnt worth a whole hell of a lot but after seeing what i saw today here it goes.

To all of the people saying our line is terrible just stop. 2 freshman making their first start, probably some nervs and jitters. Mistakes will happen from time to time with young guys out there. Also, Akron was running a scheme Oklahoma had never seen on film. It was a completely new defense for them compared to what they had been preparing for. If anything, you all should be happy that this coaching staff was smart enough to realize that and made the proper adjustments. If Batman was still calling the shots he would of handed it off to Samaje every snap.

Mental mistakes. Did any of you ever play football? I may of not been a D1 athlete but after every game we watched film, seen what we did wrong, and then worked on the issue on the practice field in order to correct the problem so it wouldnt happen again in a game. Penalties. Some of that could just be bad judgement, retaliation, or lack of experience coming to life. Those are all things that will be fixed.

Why is this offense so special? Has nothing to do with who is calling the plays, its who is executing said plays. When you have Baker Mayfield as your QB, Samaje Perine and Joe Mixon in the backfield the defense is going to have to account for both of them. So what did they do? They STACK THE BOX and force Mayfield to throw. Tennessee will be blitzing out of their minds and they will blitz themself right out of the ballgame on Saturday.

So if our line isnt good that forces Mayfield to get rid of the ball sooner, forces him to maybe look at that wide open tight end standing in the middle of field. Explain to me how a defense can account for Samaje, Joe, Dede, Sterling, Baxter, Neal, Andrews etc..

Will BM get sacked next week? Yeah, he sure as hell will, but it wont take long until he AND Lincoln Riley find a rhythm. You will see alot of dump passes, swing passes, Andrews will tear the hell out of Tennessee, as will Westbrook. So stop your crying. It may not of looked good but when you break down the matchups, and the "X's and O's this game is not even close. Mayfield and the Sooners role big next week in Knoxville. 5+ TD passes for BM. and yes, you will see another week of very little running. TN will stack the box and force us to pass, and that is sure as hell what we are going to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.