ADVERTISEMENT

My first post...

newnasty

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2020
gotta start sometime, right? Anyway hope all is good for all during these trying times. I'm originally from Choctaw but now live in Katy, TX. I'm married 42 years, two adult kids, one grandchild, and closing in on retirement. I've read quite few of the threads and this board seems pretty tight. I hope sooner (pun intended) or later I'll fit in.

Like a Virgin - Madonna

It’s a tough group. Cancel now and get that $9 back. ;)
I kid - welcome and Boomer Sooner

90% of the people are cool and the others live with mom and dad still. Just ignore the mouth breathers.

gotta start sometime, right? Anyway hope all is good for all during these trying times. I'm originally from Choctaw but now live in Katy, TX. I'm married 42 years, two adult kids, one grandchild, and closing in on retirement. I've read quite few of the threads and this board seems pretty tight. I hope sooner (pun intended) or later I'll fit in.

Like a Virgin - Madonna

Welcome, Yellow Jacket. I moved to Tulsa from Choctaw in 1995. My oldest/best friend and daily text mate is still living there. Post often, nasty.

Thanks Oklabama. (Your handle sounds as if you're conflicted as I am these days) ;)Occasionally a Yellow Jacket is OU good. Well, OK, not really. But despite football, we really enjoyed raising the kids there. In fact a great place to raise the kids. We were fortunate to survive the tornado that ripped through the area in 1999. Our neighbors around us lost a great deal that frightful day.

Thanks Oklabama. (Your handle sounds as if you're conflicted as I am these days) ;)Occasionally a Yellow Jacket is OU good. Well, OK, not really. But despite football, we really enjoyed raising the kids there. In fact a great place to raise the kids. We were fortunate to survive the tornado that ripped through the area in 1999. Our neighbors around us lost a great deal that frightful day.

That was a frightful day. My former neighborhood was just north of I 40 at 71st and Choctaw Rd so you know how close it came there. Several homes were damaged.

Everyone here is a good poster. If we aren't, jvancuren gave us the pardon for living in our parents' basement. We need more posters that post often - even from basements.

Reactions: iasooner1
I appreciate the welcomes and look forward to exchanging thoughts and opinions on Sooner football.

Like a Virgin - Madonna
We need the official board butt sniffers to check this new dog out. Yo @bullmarket, is this one legit? I know you can smell Texass filth from miles away.

Like a Virgin - Madonna
I actually works for KISD for nearly 30 years. Do you go to any of the Katy schools football games?

Reactions: newnasty
We need the official board butt sniffers to check this new dog out. Yo @bullmarket, is this one legit? I know you can smell Texass filth from miles away.

Well I do live in Texas. But naw, I'm a Sooner fan. On game days I'll plug in my 8 foot tall Sooner man, set it up in the front yard just to get the Aggies & Horns in a tither.

I actually works for KISD for nearly 30 years. Do you go to any of the Katy schools football games?

That's a quality SD. No doubt. And one of the big boys in Texas HS football these days. I've been a couple of times. Mainly to see some of the kids headed to OU, but no, I don't go to the games. Beautiful stadium and they do a good job filling it up too.

30 years...long time man. What do you do for them?

Welcome to the board newnasty!
No basement dwellers here they are all over at Orangebloods.
Everyone here is a good poster except for that Hervesta guy, he suffers from Animal Abuse.

930f999286f4bee9fe3a359567abac1f.jpg

Welcome to the board newnasty!
No basement dwellers here they are all over at Orangebloods.
Everyone here is a good poster except for that Hervesta guy, he suffers from Animal Abuse.

930f999286f4bee9fe3a359567abac1f.jpg

Nice pic and an awesome welcome. This Hervesta, he must be a sheep herder or is he fond of all animals?

Like a Virgin - Madonna
Welcome fellow person who knows what Dude’s Hamburgers is all about! Also brand new here, myself.

FYI: Choctaw has a Starbucks now. Seriously.

Welcome, from one of the Sooner fans on these boards from Nebraska. Yep...Sooners are somewhat popular in the middle of Husker-land. Though, hard-pressed finding Husker fans any more. Their bandwagon is almost empty after the last 20 years....

SIT dates all the way back to the perhaps the Blake era. Couldn't say for sure, because I was a "lurker" on this board until after the 2000 NC. A couple cool screen names from that era that have disappeared were "SnorterLuster" and "TakeI-35toLindsey".

Like a Virgin - Madonna
We could be twins. I was raised in Tulsa and now live in Huffman (close to Humble/Kingwood). Married 40 years in 2 months. Have one daughter and one granddaughter (and one son-in-law, but he's a whorn). Was closing in on retirement (62 years old) until 2 months ago, when I was offered and accepted an early retirement package. I'll say this, retirement doesn't suck.
Welcome. Post like you vote - early and often.

Like a Virgin - Madonna

newnasty, I grew up in Harrah through 10th grade when I moved to OKC. My grandfather was the postmaster in Harrah and had a ton of friends in Choctaw.

We moved to Katy in 1990 (Pin Oak Village) and had three boys go through Katy HS. My wife teaches forensics, chemistry & anatomy there as well. Katy has grown massively since we arrived. You will enjoy the place alot. Go the the Katy football games and you will make great friends. Any info you would like about KT, just ping me.

fairdinkem

How many 80s hair bands started with "W"? The ones I can think of are Winger, Warrant, Whitesnake, and White Lion. It seems like there was at least one more. I could be thinking of "Great White" perhaps.

trivia - A Winger video was shown and made fun of on an early Beavis and Butthead episode. Winger was pissed and called the producers and I believe threatened lawsuit. Mike Judge then made the character Stewart and his shirt from then on was a Winger shirt.

How many 80s hair bands started with "W"? The ones I can think of are Winger, Warrant, Whitesnake, and White Lion. It seems like there was at least one more. I could be thinking of "Great White" perhaps.
WASP and Warlock come to mind, but only know them because I was the goofy kid that read Metal Edge and Rip back in the day.

Like a Virgin - Madonna
Come over to the Corner for $9. Got some real threads!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT