ADVERTISEMENT

My $.02

This Budz4OU

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2001
Springfield, MO
I have have been an OU fan since 1969. I have watched them win and lose. I am disappointed when they lose, but I have never been vindictive. I have seen Bob Stoops turn around a program that had hoped to win 6-7 games per year into a 10+ win per year average. I have seen parody evolve. And I have seen technology evolve that allows people to say things about players and coaches that they would never say to their face.
Coach Stoops has never played the blame game. He is as competitive as any other coach, and has always been a quality representative of the University of Oklahoma. And while doing that, he just happens to be the winning-est coach in OU history.
I was at the game on Saturday. I was disappointed with the outcome; not because we lost, but because I knew we did not play to our potential. This is something that coaching will change in a hurry. Another thing...Lincoln Riley has given props to the positives of the offense, BUT with EVERY interview he has given since he has been here, he said something to the fact: "we still have a long way to go". He tells it like it is and we still get ticked at him.
Lastly, but most importantly, are the players: 18-22 year old kids who are real people with real problems and real emotional and psychological ups and downs. Instead of encouraging them, there is just too much criticism.
I know that everyone who pays for the site has a right to their own views. I respect that. I would just like to see more people posting who love the game and say it out loud. That is my view...feel free to flame away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.