ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Notes...(UPDATE: 9:15p)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 9:15p - Just a little note that Oklahoma quarterback commitment Austin Kendall took home an award this week:

He will take his official visit to Norman this weekend after playing his team's second round playoff game on Friday night.

UPDATE: 2:53p -
I've talked to someone at NDSCS and am told the tweet has been requested to come down. So again, nothing to see here, well as far as a commitment goes - the story itself is interesting.

UPDATE: 2:44p -
I've talked to enough people to feel confident, there is NOTHING to this rumor. I'm not sure if the kid got Catfished, he tells me Cale Gundy offered him and told him he'd have a shot at the starting position, and while I'd hate for him to have been mislead it's better than the alternative that he is just fabricating this whole thing. Unfortunately the latter is what I'm starting to believe because he clearly knows the right Twitter page for Gundy and that Gundy DOES NOT follow him.

I honestly feel kind of badly for the kid but there is no doubt there is nothing happening here.

UPDATE 2:22p -
OK guys so first let's get teh rumor that has run wild out there for those who have missed it.

That is 2016 running back Keshawn Harris of Wahpeton (N.D.) North Dakota State College of Science saying he has committed to Oklahoma.

I won't even pretend this didn't come out of left field, I'd never heard of the kid, who is originally from Haynesville, La., before.

So I immediately start trying to check in with sources to see how I'd been so in the dark and suddenly things didn't add up.

First? Harris isn't follow by a single member of Oklahoma's staff on Twitter - that sounds silly to some of our older members but let me say that DOES NOT happen for a kid Oklahoma is serious about.

Began checking around and it doesn't appear, anywhere I can find, that he has any stats from his past two years of junior college football.

Then I talked to one source who told me without hesitation that he does not have an Oklahoma offer.

I'm still checking to see if maybe this is a walk-on situation and he has just worded it strangely or what.

I'm talking with Harris now so I hope to have some more answers. He has told me the 'offer' happened last week (though again to give the benefit of the doubt he may be referring to a recruited walk-on spot) but again I'm told no scholarship offer has been extended.

A few of my sources were seemingly unaware OU was even involved - which would jive with the Twitter situation I outlined above.

I've now asked Harris what coach extended the offer, and as of yet have not been given a response.

Again more coming but Oklahoma HAS NOT offered Harris, nor received a commitment from him.

ORIGINAL: OK guys, have heard that there is likely to be some news regarding the situation of Port Arthur (Texas) Memorial 2017 cornerback Kary Vincent Jr. and an Oklahoma offer.

Vincent himself told me there is a chance he'll be in Norman this weekend - should have some resolution to both this evening.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.