ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Notes...(UPDATE: 3:08p)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 3:08p - I've had a few conversations that are the potential of some good news coming to the BBQ this weekend, one guy I'm told to keep a close eye on?

Last year's BBQ commitment Jeff Carter of Mansfield (Texas) Legacy.

And yes, I'm told it sounds like Oklahoma is now on board with taking one of the more diverse defensive backs in the 2019 class.

ORIGINAL:
So, you guys miss me?

No?

Well, I don't blame you,bang up job by @BPrzybylo, @Eddie_Rado, and @Carey Murdock last week.

At any rate, I am now tagging back in and wanted to offer some word I am hearing on Rivals100 2020 QB offer Bryce Young.

Almost immediately after today's announcement I got word that there were rumors swirling about a USC pledge.

I have thought the Trojans had a shot since talking to him, and others, in Atlanta so I went ahead and hit up a few sources.

The first response seemed to think I had taken up comedy on my week off - as he has seemed "close" (to committing to Oklahoma) ' as of late.

The more people I talk to the more uncertainty seems to abound but the thing that has stuck in my head is something we have discussed before, the reality that he has a lot of respect for Spencer Rattler and whether that might be enough to give USC an edge.

Honestly I can't help but wonder if Kyler Murray's situation helped get Rattler in early but hindered the pursuit of Young.

I have heard nothing definite but USC is definitely making a run that I wasn't expecting a few months ago.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.