ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Notes...(UPDATE: 2:29p)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 2:29p - Spoken to some more folks today and it really does feel like this is coming down to Ohio State and Oklahoma.

I've been told Clemson and Florida do not expect it to be them and no one has even mentioned Michigan.

Now, I think most everyone is betting on Ohio State - though I can't say I've heard anything that is worth me putting in a forecast on him.

But everyone does seem to agree "it's down to two, it's Ohio State or Oklahoma" is the vibe I've gotten.

UPDATE: 12:03p - OK guys also wanted to note that I can confirm that Keyon Brown DID NOT visit Tennessee this weekend. I've heard that form not only Vol sources but also Brown himself.

He texted me when those rumors surfaced on Saturday and I just COMPLETELY MISSED the text.

So, that's on me (and again, my honesty will win me endless praise, I'm sure).

But here is what Brown said:

"No that was my brother he was on my page trolling he thought he was logged into his account," Brown said.

I know he was a guy that L'Damian Washington was by to see late last week and the Sooners seem to be in very good standing there and though I never rule anything out, all seems fine with him.

UPDATE: 11:36a - A quick note that you all will like, Anthony Evans did NOT visit Texas A&M as was reported late last week. I'm told he was expected but did not come though his teammate Johnny Bowens did.

So obviously that's a good sign and matches with what Evans has been saying about the Georgia visit being about taking his mother to a school she grew up cheering for.

UPDATE: 11:20a - I had a chance to check in with a few people this morning, including someone very familiar with the situation at Ohio State and was told that the Buckeyes also seem to be in the dark in regard to the decision of Kayden McDonald.

I take that as a positive bit of news but again we'll keep checking throughout the day.

ORIGINAL: I know everyone has been waiting for some Kayden McDonald information and I've chatted with several people tonight and thought I'd put together what I've heard.

First, I don't think Oklahoma is out of it as there is some interesting activity that makes you wonder if they are still hanging around.

That being said, my information is that he has not informed Oklahoma of anything and that's usually NOT a good sign. It's not a definitive thing but when you combine that with Oklahoma offering Markus Strong today it's hard to not make some connection.

I spoke to someone who had been in contact with McDonald over the weekend and was told that "I would think with the way he acts that Oklahoma has a good shot" before adding that he got an Ohio State feeling from his conversations with McDonald. Again, that was just one person's take but it was an interesting one and one that felt this could be an Ohio State win in the end.

What's interesting is that his mother has always seemed big on Oklahoma and has a great relationship with Todd Bates and co. but I'm wondering if all that will be enough to beat out the Buckeyes who feel like the Sooners primary competition at this point - I can't write off Clemson but a few people are SO definite that it won't be the Tigers that I just can't ignore it.

We'll keep checking around tomorrow as McDonald is set to announce at 5p (central) but right now while I don't believe Oklahoma is out, they also aren't who I'd be betting on.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News