ADVERTISEMENT

MLB - Baseball

I grew up playing and loving baseball. Played a little semi-pro before being drafted (Army), played while in the Army and actually got a look by scouts but since I was already 22 with a four year commitment so that was that. I was stationed at Rock Island Arsenal, Illinois so had the pleasure of watching and going to many Cub games. The players were getting on their high horse in the 80's and when they went on strike again in 1985 I said screw that and stopped watching. It has now been 40 years since I have watched MLB. Don't miss it at all. No NBA either and just a few NFL games (Mayfield and Murray).

It won't ever end.
And claiming the nicknames of teams as racist won't erase the treatment of American Indians, African-Americans or Asian-Americans throughout history.....nor will it make their lives better now.

I grew up playing and loving baseball. Played a little semi-pro before being drafted (Army), played while in the Army and actually got a look by scouts but since I was already 22 with a four year commitment so that was that. I was stationed at Rock Island Arsenal, Illinois so had the pleasure of watching and going to many Cub games. The players were getting on their high horse in the 80's and when they went on strike again in 1985 I said screw that and stopped watching. It has now been 40 years since I have watched MLB. Don't miss it at all. No NBA either and just a few NFL games (Mayfield and Murray).
Yep, agree wholeheartedly. I was lucky enough to see the Phillies win two world series, the Eagles once and the Spurs 5 Laryy O'briens. When Tim Duncan retired I give up professional sports dictating my schedule. Now college football has the "transfer portal." My how times have changed. Dang almighty. Sports evolution these days is synonymous with the "port a potty." Imo. I know I'm gettin old and cranky and I'll keep supporting the SOONERS to the day I die, and even then. 😉

Last edited:
The All Star exhibition game is a nothing burger anyway. Ever since they took away the 'play to win' aspect of the game. Soon enough, like the NBA it won't even be played.
Great post.
Baseball is devolving away from the game it was even 20 years ago......weekend games and holiday games should start at 1 pm local time, commercials between inning should not exceed 30 seconds, batters should stay within two feet of the batter's box and a baseball man should be commissioner-a man who knows the game and knows its history and knows how to make the game more fan friendly. ESPN needs to stop pimping bat flips, brawls and homerun-posing.....and hardly any current player truly desires to play in the ASG.

If the Astros continue their winning ways all year like they have so far despite all the heckling and booing from the fans... it's going to be a fun year in Houston.

Reactions: Oklabama
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT