ADVERTISEMENT

Mixon back with the football program and team

I'm sure our rational, level minded rivals to the south will have some interesting opinions about this.
I already hope Mixon runs for 200 against them in October.

He's been back since the start ofvthe Spring semester. All I'll say is that the dude has a hardcore work effort. I can see where a guy with his talent might slack off during a hiatus, but he doubled down and has been a beast in his "own" time.

OU has another special player ready to take snaps and break the will of the opponent. Spring football will only bring a small taste of what he will bring next fall. Perine and Mixon are going to be one of the greatest running back tandems in football.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Reactions: Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc
Originally posted by iasooner1:
Can he throw the ball? It may be the only way he sniffs the ball this season (unless Bob has had an epiphany on his past habits)
The short answer is yes. I've heard reports of him passing and completing the ball to himself on 60 yard post routes while being blitzed on the front end and double covered on the play

I see a lot of little swing passes and bubble screens coming his way. He's going to be very dangerous in space.

I hope Mixon utilizes HIS Second Chance as well as Dusty D., and Ryan Broyles did...All three had/have something to prove. Dusty and Ryan set the bar high. All of Soonerland will be watching, and hoping...Good Luck, Joe!

ADVERTISEMENT