ADVERTISEMENT

Men win, women lose…

Agree. They are a very curious bunch when it comes to delivering a clunker. They play so well for 2-3 games and then lose to a team that they should beat by 15. I'm sure Jenny is trying to find some consistency. Need to find a way to win when 2-3 of your girls are not playing at their peak. Maybe recruiting will help this out. As good as they have been, this staff and team is still in year one.

OUr BB women have a size problem. It's evident against everybody. Kansas has a 6'6 girl, Tanaiyanna Jackson, who is pretty athletic. Like half the teams in the conference, they are bigger than us at four or five positions.

But Jackson causes us two problems. She singles up on us inside and allows their other four to lock us up on the ark. And as seems to always happen, OUr one 6'3 girl who is pretty athletic, Liz Scott, stays in foul trouble, which allowed Jackson to play a lot against Skylar Vann, who is an important scorer for OU. But she's only 5'11. And often, she plays post defense. Jackson followed Vann out to the ark and blocked multiple 3 point attempts, which turned into layups on the other end.

But my big complaint is about how many lazy, dumb, horrible passes this team throws that turn into chippies on the other end. I love Barnaczyk, but I think her post game analysis was the opposite of the problem. She said she just wants her team to play free and run for 40 minutes. That's when they play best. But in the conference, her playless offense is being well defended in the half court. She's not in the MVC any more. And teams we play are not allowing OU easy pass to start back the other way. We are way to casual with that pass. With all our passes. We wish spectacular passes into tight windows, hoping for the great play.

Our theory is solid. But the execution is lacking more than a little. And the second half of the conference season, Madi Williams, who is OU's best play,er has been almost lackadaisical. I don't think she scored in the first three quarters yesterday. OU scored 23 in the 1st Q and combined for 27 in the 2nd and 3rd combined. Kansas scored 26 in the 2nd quarter alone, mostly with layups after intercepting Sooner bases and driving uncontested.

As teams in this conference will do, they are making it really had to do what we do best. And we just continue to turn the ball over. We controlled the tip to start the game, then Tot threw the ball away before the second pass of the possession. We didn't get to the hash tag.

We've improved defensively. But for most of the last dozen games, the offense is pretty stagnant. And since we get killed on the boards most of the time, it's hard to run. Yesterday, the Sooner women pretty much blew their chance to host the first two rounds of the NCAA's. I'm hopeful, but I'll be surprised if we make it two the second week of the post season.

Please Jennie. Recruit some tall people.

ADVERTISEMENT