ADVERTISEMENT

LSU

Its the SEC hype machine. Seriously LSU should be up bigger and are a dropped pass away from it being 24-3. Every year they get 4-5 teams ranked in the top 10 to start the season based off that hype and losing to a 4 win team doesn’t have the same penalty as it does for other teams outside the SEC. Remember in the SEC it just means more except for losses.

Taking care of the Dawgs who clearly lack offensive spark. Remind me why they are #4 in a poor division of the SEC?? They are lame all year on offense, but that gets ignored? Always some flaw totally ignored when it comes to the nightly SEC.

Exactly! One of the announcers thats burrowed up Burrow's butt all day said he thinks lsu deserves to be #1 if they beat georgia, this after he just said we don't know who the best team in CF is yet. Who said georgia was the 4th best?

No one has a better bowl record, the past 20-25 years, than the SEC, no one is close. The SEC has had multiple champions in that time (LSU, Bama, UT, Florida, Auburn). Ohio State is the only power from the Big 10 and Oklahoma has been the only major power from the Big 12, with exception to Texas' run with Mack. So the SEC bashing is just that.

Great points. The SEC is overrated and has been. I just haven't figured out which is the chicken and which is the egg.

Taking care of the Dawgs who clearly lack offensive spark. Remind me why they are #4 in a poor division of the SEC?? They are lame all year on offense, but that gets ignored? Always some flaw totally ignored when it comes to the nightly SEC.[/QUOGo
Taking care of the Dawgs who clearly lack offensive spark. Remind me why they are #4 in a poor division of the SEC?? They are lame all year on offense, but that gets ignored? Always some flaw totally ignored when it comes to the nightly SEC.

Georgia wasn't overrated at all. Their division wasn't strong other than Florida. They have been recruiting at a high clip the last 4 years since Kirby took over. I bet if you look at the rankings they have recruited better than both LSU and Oklahoma. I know that doesn't always translate to wins, but you can't win unless you have the right horses. If Georgia would have beaten LSU, you would have probably had two SEC teams in the playoffs. Would you have called them overrated if y'all had beaten them in the playoffs a couple years ago? That team lost by a last second pass for the NC.

Great points. The SEC is overrated and has been. I just haven't figured out which is the chicken and which is the egg.[/QU
Great points. The SEC is overrated and has been. I just haven't figured out which is the chicken and which is the egg.

So if the SEC is overrated then how would you rate your division? While Alabama is down they are still a strong team. LSU obviously. Auburn is solid. They beat Oregon early in the year. Georgia did beat ND. That is a solid win even though ND is down. Florida was up and down, but more down. I give you the rest of the conference was garbage this year including the Ags! SEC was more top heavy. That doesn't mean they are overrated. SEC and Big 10 were the two toughest conferences this year. I think the Big 12 was down. Mainly due to how poorly Texas played throughout the year and how TCU flunked. Oklahoma St and TT were average. Iowa St showed some flashes. Kansas is Kansas lol.

This is the record of each conference's OOC for 2019.

Big 10 34-8 0.738899
Big 12 24-6 0.680477
American 33-14 0.628983
SEC 42-14 0.625394
Pac-12 24-12 0.599574
MWC 31-18 0.546804
ACC 35-19 0.533343
S Belt 22-18 0.466966
Ind FBS 26-34 0.413198
CUSA 24-32 0.368722
MAC 18-30 0.335920
FCS 3-111 0.061720

Against FCS teams the conference of the playoff teams were a combined 35-1. The lone loss in the conferences came from the ACC (GA Tech losing to The Citadel).

The B10 had a losing record against the PAC12 (0-3), the B12 had a losing record against the SEC (1-2), the SEC had a losing record against the B10 and MWC (0-1)(2-3) and the ACC had a losing record against the B10, B12, SEC and IND (1-2)(0-2)(3-5)(2-5).

What does the above tell you? Not a damn thing. Each game is different. Each team is different. And the game must be played on the field by the players.
Prognosticators can use all the "anal"ytics they want but any paper analysis can never predict a fumble or a penalty which can and does often make a difference in the play on the field. Can you say "wide right", "wide left" or "boink". The games should be fun to watch.

Reactions: iasooner1
Taking care of the Dawgs who clearly lack offensive spark. Remind me why they are #4 in a poor division of the SEC?? They are lame all year on offense, but that gets ignored?

Their defense is for real, that is why they were ranked so high. Their defense was not overrated either, they were incredible all year long. LSU's offense is that good.

ADVERTISEMENT