ADVERTISEMENT

Lou Holtz leaving ESPN by "mutual agreement."

Originally posted by runningback43:

Now they need to get rid of Mark May.
I kind of like Mark May. Although he makes no bones about his dislike of OU, he does call it like it is and doesn't seem to kiss SEC butt as much as some of the others ESPN talking heads. I'll be interested to see him "stand on his own" without being linked so closely to Holtz.

Originally posted by Schoonerman:

I kind of like Mark May. Although he makes no bones about his dislike of OU, he does call it like it is and doesn't seem to kiss SEC butt as much as some of the others ESPN talking heads. I'll be interested to see him "stand on his own" without being linked so closely to Holtz.
He plays the dissenting opinion well, and ESPN knows they need at least a charade of being unbiased. They need him, or someone like him.

Gonna miss seeing this guy. I'd personally rather see Corso leave. He was entertaining but since he had his stroke you can definitely tell it has effected him.

Rece Davis is leaving the show also to replace Chris Fowler hosting Game Day. So at least two thirds of the wrap up show will be new.

I think a lot of us would cheer if it were three thirds.

I don't mind Rece on the wrap up show, and also didn't mind Lou. The only person I want to see gone is Mark May. May is just way to arrogant for me.

Originally posted by soonermade:
Maybe they got tired of paying for a translator, lol.
Lou spits so much when he talks, perhaps the cameramen wanted to stop wearing raincoats when filming his shows.

I like Lou, and he was a hell of a coach, but sometimes he is really hard to understand.

Originally posted by barkingwater2000:
Gonna miss seeing this guy. I'd personally rather see Corso leave. He was entertaining but since he had his stroke you can definitely tell it has effected him.
I agree with this.

Originally posted by Schoonerman:

I absolutely LOVED it when he "called it like it was" at the Sugar Bowl:

Alabama 48
Oklahoma 10

roll.r191677.gif

I would much rather see ESPN get rid of Skip Bayless.

And the thing about Mark May picking Alabama over OU, remember most OU fans on here were doing the same thing. VERY FEW OU fans on this site figured OU had a prayer at beating Alabama that night. Most OU fans on here were picking Alabama as well.

Originally posted by BillyRay:

And the thing about Mark May picking Alabama over OU, remember most OU fans on here were doing the same thing. VERY FEW OU fans on this site figured OU had a prayer at beating Alabama that night. Most OU fans on here were picking Alabama as well.
What was your pick BR for that game?

Originally posted by Sooners83:

Originally posted by BillyRay:

What was your pick BR for that game?
I never made an official pick, since I hate to pick against OU. But I didn't hide the fact I didn't like OUs chances going into that game. I figured the game would turn out kinda to what we saw in the Clemson game a few months ago.

I'm happy Chris Fowler is no longer on Gameday. He would throw his insults and way over sensationalize any controversy he could but go soft on the large market teams.
Holtz may not always know when to shut up.... but he is a good man.

Originally posted by barkingwater2000:

Yeah, it's to the point it's a little sad to see Corso struggling to keep up.

I'm glad that Holtz is leaving. IMO, he never should have been on the program. I wish Mark May would just slow down. He talks so damn fast I can't tell if he really means what he is saying or he is just taking the other side to make the program more interesting. I've never trusted fast talkers. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT