ADVERTISEMENT

Little Richard, pioneer of R&R, dies at 87

Schoonerman

Sooner starter
May 29, 2001
Marietta, GA
Richard Penniman, better known as Little Richard, has died at 87 years old. No cause of death was released. A cutting edge performer in the 50s and 60s who was years ahead of his time, mixed gospel, blues, rhythm & blues, and rock & roll - and an outlandish on-and-off-stage persona - to create a unique sound in the early days of popular American music. He performed with just about everyone who is anyone in the music industry for decades and influenced many musicians during the years. Good Golly Miss Molly, may he rest in peace.

Richard Penniman, better known as Little Richard, has died at 87 years old. No cause of death was released. A cutting edge performer in the 50s and 60s who was years ahead of his time, mixed gospel, blues, rhythm & blues, and rock & roll - and an outlandish on-and-off-stage persona - to create a unique sound in the early days of popular American music. He performed with just about everyone who is anyone in the music industry for decades and influenced many musicians during the years. Good Golly Miss Molly, may he rest in peace.

Little Richard and Chuck Berry were my two rock and roll favorites.

When I was in 10th grade, my brother bought a Chuck Berry 8-track and we played the hell out of thing! Chuck was one of the foundations of my rock & roll fan experience. Long Live Rock & Roll!

I did the same thing!

I still listen to both Little Richard & Chuck Berry.

.Johnny B Goode is my favorite
VIDEO

As is Mayballene
VIDEO

Last edited:
Reactions: Schoonerman
ADVERTISEMENT