ADVERTISEMENT

Little History lesson

CarolinaCrimson

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2001
Charlotte, North Carolina
Baylor has not won in Stillwater since 1939. I don't think they will this Saturday either. In which case, this would set up the biggest bedlam game since 1984 when OU was ranked #2 and OSU #3. My ole Boy State buddy - Midwest City Bomber, OSU fullback, Kelly Cook, was Thurman Thomas' battering ram, blocking back that day. And although Sooner Kicker, Tim Lasher had taken the place of my old HS football teammate David Culver, he was still on scholarship (thanks to Switzer). Anyhow, our mighty Sooners prevailed, only to lose the national championship game to Washington (it still hurts). OU did redeem themselves the following year by winning the national Championship against Penn. State. Below are the '84 Bedlam highlights....enjoy! Question - How did OU not throw to Keith Jackson 10+ times a game.....crazy! (note 20 Cowboys off that '84 roster would go on to the NFL, and a whooping 28 Sooners would as well, 29 if you count freshman QB - Troy Aikman, 30 - if you count Marcus Dupree (who'd already quit the team the year prior).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.