ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln Riley Media Luncheon (9-7) ... SCOOPHD added

Eddie_Rado

Sooner starter
Staff
Jan 30, 2011

Lunch: Midway Deli (BIG win)

We'll get things started at noon.

* on defense Saturday: "We didn't start the game well. We made some mental mistakes early ... I think you saw some guys make some mistakes that needed to settle in ... and in the second half we lost our edge. Our effort was off. Our mentality was off." ... Riley says a combo of losing edge + a QB playing extremely well = Tulane scoring points.
* Riley says they've turned in the Eric Gray play at the goalline and haven't heard back yet. (they did just get off the field from practice)

* Riley on Rattler vs. Tulane: Says he thinks there was some frustration and trying to make too much happen at times. "He just mentally wasn't quite as sharp"
* Riley on Rattler's leadership: Says he's starting to grow into that positioin ... "He wasn't much of a leader last year ..." Yo!!!!!! ... says he's continuing to develop in that area. "He's heading in a good direction there and I think he'll continue"
* Riley says the Pass Pro vs. Tulane was excellent
* Riley on Rattler's mechanics ... "I think there were two or three that he stayed in there and really could have finished" ... says it was a point of emphasis over teh course of the summer; says he think it'll be a product of getting back into the flow of things in terms of shedding the blue practice jersey; playing in a game
* Other than the two false starts Riley says he thought Chris Murray was excellent; best OL vs. Tulane = Tyrese and Robert Congel
* Any chance Wanya Morris gets action in coming weeks? "He's got to prove it" ... says he wouldn't be surprised if Morris is part of the plans moving forward as they continue to find their top five.
* Most certainly sounds like Jordan Kelly was in COVID protocol last week (like Drake Stoops) ... Riley obviously wouldn't confirm just says he hopes to get them back this week

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.