ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s get some true perspective on the state of things!

Jul 31, 2021
LETS GET SOME HOEJST PERPECTIVE!

Yes, it’s an absolute bummer that we’ve lost out on some big time recruits. Gabe Dindy was, by all appearances, the kind of guy that comes in and impacts a program at an elite level.

But we’ve had and continue to have a CULTURE problem on the defensive side of the football. Before this season there was talk of “top 10” or even “top 5” potential based on the talent and depth of our defense. At times the talent was very clear with some solid stretches, but other times it was inexplicably inconsistent and even terrible. (Tulane and Kansas atop that list)

BV is having to make tough decisions for the future of the program. It won’t take 10 years, but it’s called a transition for a reason. Implementing a COMPLETELY new philosophy and making these huge essential changes must be done immediately in these situations, or you risk past issues hanging around and rearing it’s ugly head like a game of wack-a-mole.

———————

Look at Iowa State, Baylor, and Oklahoman State. Our recruiting talent FAR exceeds their’s yet they dwarf our production and results on the fields year in and year out. OSU has a defensive unit full of 3 stars (at best), yet they were 3rd in the nation in total defense, and #1 in sacks. OBVIOUSLY there are more important factors than losing a few recruits WHICH WAS EXPECTED.

Lol I think many of us also need to read up on Clemson’s transition from 2010 to 2014. Their great defense, and those “Monster recruits” everyone is referencing currently in their program.. that’s the goal. BV BUILT Clemson’s D into what it became.

Clemson Defensive Rankings
2011 - Bottom 50 in the country
2012 - Inside the top 70
2013 - Top 25
2014 - #1 in CFB

Clemson Recruiting Classes
2010 - #27
2011 - #10
2012 - #20
2013 - #15
2014 - #16
They didn’t even break inside the top 10 until 2018, after a championship & 2-3 appearances

They had a few elite recruits sprinkled in those years and I’m sure they had some dudes on campus, but even BV’s first year in 2012 (after arriving in January), they didn’t have a single DL in the top 100 and only 2 players total in the top 100. This didn’t happen overnight.

—————

I’m not saying it’s not frustrating to lose those guys. I’m well aware those recruits are tangible losses for us. I don’t buy into the “we don’t need these top recruits, we’ll be fine” BS mentality. But some of the BS, reactionary posts about BV’s mistakes and how this sets us back a decade is laughable. We’re in a legit rebuild. Name one program that successfully vaulted themselves back into national contention overnight with a half-ass rebuild relying on duck tape to fix issues. Texas?? Lol.

TBOW left a $#!t show for BV. We need to stop with the “that was an mistake talk”, as if any of us are even privy to details of what’s really going down in convos, etc. His decisions, as a defensive guru, seem very calculated, as he’s prioritizing the side of the ball which he’s most unfamiliar and where we’ve most recently had success. I think BV feels confident that he will take care of the D. But securing staff that will take over that side of the ball, and MOST IMPORTANTLY retain CW is what he feels is the best course of action.

Who else would you trust more in the entire country to come in and turn around one of the most underwhelming defenses Even MORE, name someone with OU ties who cares more about the success of that rebuild than BV?? Other than Saban and maybe 2-3 other untouchables… No one. That’s what I’m saying.

We all want the same results at the end of the day. And anyone questioning this proven guru’s tactics need to wake up and choose to trust the process until the process fails to deliver result.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.