ADVERTISEMENT

Legendary Auburn Coach Pat Dye Passes Away

Schoonerman

Sooner starter
May 29, 2001
Marietta, GA
Auburn's legendary football coach, Pat Dye, passed away at 80 years old. He had been experiencing kidney disease and tested positive for COVID-19, but was asymptomatic.

In his 12 years at Auburn, the Tigers went 99-34-4, winning 4 SEC championships and he was named SEC Coach of the Year 3 times. He also served as Auburn's Athletic Director from 1981 to 1991 and was elected to the College Football Hall of Fame in 2005.

He will be remembered as Auburn's greatest coach.

RIP Coach Dye.

Didn’t want to start a new thread for it, but Johnny Majors has passed as well:

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ennessee-coach-john-majors-star-field-dies-85

Even being from Alabama I have liked the Vols. Johnny was a favorite. I hate it that this is the year that OU is (maybe) playing Tennessee...….unless we get to actually play. One of the reasons that I would like OU to join the SEC is that we would play the Vols more often. Great fans and typically close games. What's not to like. RIP.....Johnny.

Even being from Alabama I have liked the Vols. Johnny was a favorite. I hate it that this is the year that OU is (maybe) playing Tennessee...….unless we get to actually play. One of the reasons that I would like OU to join the SEC is that we would play the Vols more often. Great fans and typically close games. What's not to like. RIP.....Johnny.

Ditto what Oklabama said. Johnny was a fantastic coach and he'll be missed by the Vol Nation and football fans everywhere. I love that OU is playing UT and my wife and I had a great time in Knoxville when OU played there in 2017. The Vol fans were incredibly gracious, proud and welcoming. I would go back there for a game anytime! RIP Coach Majors.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT