ADVERTISEMENT

Lebby Gone?

Gabriel is a pretty smart kid, and if Lebby went to Mississippi State I don't think that Dillon would want to spend his final year fighting it out with Vanderbilt, Arkansas and South Carolina for last place in the SEC, all the while getting pummeled on a regular basis by the likes of Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri, Texas, etc.
I’m thinking Gabriel would rather play for Lebby simply because he knows the offense and has played for him most of his college career. If he stays with OU he’s going to compete against the SEC teams anyway.

What no one is talking about is who will Lebby take with him coaching-wise. Im sure he has several of the offensive coaches in mind he would like to have on his staff. Does he make Emmitt Jones his OC and lure him away, or even Joe Jon Finley. I do not think Bedenbaugh or Murray would leave to follow him.

Reactions: iasooner2000
What no one is talking about is who will Lebby take with him coaching-wise. Im sure he has several of the offensive coaches in mind he would like to have on his staff. Does he make Emmitt Jones his OC and lure him away, or even Joe Jon Finley. I do not think Bedenbaugh or Murray would leave to follow him.
If any of those guys would leave OU to go with Lebby to Mississippi State what does that tell you? I could see Jones going for a coordinator job but nobody else.

If Lebby leaves and takes Jackson with him, I'll never watch or pay attention to another game. The game's out of control these days.

If Lebby leaves and takes Jackson with him, I'll never watch or pay attention to another game. The game's out of control these days.
I dont think Arnold would go but he may be able to get Kevin Sperry to change his mind. Sperry only a junior will more than likely be a 5 star by the time its all said and done.

Reactions: 8085sooner
If he stays with OU he’s going to compete against the SEC teams anyway.
It’s not just competing against SEC teams, but having a supporting cast that keeps you from getting pummeled when you drop back to pass. I don’t think there’s much of a comparison between the talent level of OU and Mississippi State.

Littrell coaches TE's, if it is him I could why Finley would follow Lebby. Would still have to hire a QB coach.

Lebby's name has been circling as a HC before he came to Norman. Would he interview for Miss State but hold out for a better fit/better job?

If DG returns then Jackson is likely gone anyway. Jackson would start immediately at MSU if he follows Lebby. 5 Star QBs like Arnold are not going to want to sit two years.

If DG returns then Jackson is likely gone anyway. Jackson would start immediately at MSU if he follows Lebby. 5 Star QBs like Arnold are not going to want to sit two years.
I understand this which if Jackson follows a coach like Caleb did? I'm done with CFB. The game has evolved beyond ridiculousness imo. Done made me an angry old man. I'm fed up with it all. The game has morphed into a huge flaming Pyle of bullshit imo.

If Lebby is the guy MSU wants then it will be interesting to see if the MSU QB Will Rogers stays, he put up big numbers when Leach was there and would likely do the same under Lebby. He had 4,738 yds passing in 2021 and that ranks number 28 all time passing yds in a season.

Thats why Lebby makes since to me that he is their guy. They want those gaudy offensive numbers that Leach gave them.
And if Rogers doesn't enter the Portal like he said he was it might mean no OU QB will go with Lebby. Just a thought.

Thats why Lebby makes since to me that he is their guy. They want those gaudy offensive numbers that Leach gave them.
And if Rogers doesn't enter the Portal like he said he was it might mean no OU QB will go with Lebby. Just a thought.

Yeah, if there were Vegas odds on Gabriel following Lebby to MSU I would consider laying a wager on Dillion leaving OU. I think it would be in his best interest if he wants to go pro.

I wish him well and I'm pretty sure we can do better. OU needs an offense that has a good to great HB/TE threat and Lebby is not that guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT