ADVERTISEMENT

Laughable SEC talking heads

They know very little about the Sooners. Most act like all we can do is pass. No idiots, we can run the ball quite well. Do your research before popping off.

They are too busy watching sec games to tune in to the Sooners games.
Are they on the SEC's payroll? Sunshine Pumpers. More like this actually.....
sunshineseptictn18_2c7f46364ea575bd87d99098ec06c024.jpg

OU's offense is actually almost 50/50 if you look at the stats. However, Texas stacked the box and was able to stop the run most of the game, but that allowed Murray to pass with ease.

I fully expect Bama to stack the box to stop the run and put more people around the LOS to stop Murray from running so OU will most likely have to win through the air, which makes Hollywood Brown's availability very important in this game.

What makes OU so deadly on offense is that they can kill you both through the air or on the ground, making it almost impossible to stop because if you focus on one, the other will get you.

Yeah they seem to have their noses in Saban’s buttcherks. And still are going on and on about GA being left out.
Well I can understand the reasoning behind people thinking Georgia should have been included. They prolly are one of the top 4 teams in the country. Saban said as much as well, but he also said the reason he voted for them at #5 is because he didn't feel a team with 2 losses should get in the playoff. It's a debate between whether a team is good enough versus if they are deserving enough. I don't doubt that Georgia is good enough, but I don't feel like they are deserving. So I think the committee got it right.

And why wouldn't the media be all about Saban? They are covering a coach that will go down as the best college coach in history.

Reactions: CTOkie
If anyone (media) is ever gonna suck up or give ultimate respect to a coach -
It’s Saban (Goat)
People saying OU gonna get rolled is not really breaking news.
Vegas thinks it and Saban might be the best coach in the history of CFB.
OU fans need to stop being so sensitive and just tip the cap. Hopefully we keep it close and win late.

But if not - just know we lost to the biggest and baddest in CFB for the past 10 years.

They are talking heads for a reason while Saban is winning Championships. My point is while they may not have a clue as to the strnegth of OU's offense, Saban does. With our weak defense, I suspect his goal is to stop Murray. That's what I'd do. Harass, spy, get in his face, and block his throwing lanes. I'd take my chances and commit everything I have to stopping Murray.

The only way OU is going to change the narrative by the talking heads is to win this game. Its college football and we have seen our Sooners in a position that some thought to be unbeatable only to lose.

Alabama isnt unbeatable but its going to take one hell of a game for OU to win this one. As I said in another thread I truely believe OU beats Bama.

I didn't think OU should have been in the game. And really to some degree I still don't. But they beat all comers and while the defense is bad, the offense has been good enough to overcome it.

OU has nothing to lose and all to gain. They'll play lose. They'll wear the underdog title well. On the other hand, Bama has all to lose and not much more to win. If they beat OU, so what, they're supposed to. If they lose, they'll be mocked and deemed as a program that's finally on the slide down. I think they'll play tight... if OU smacks them in the mouth a few times, who knows what'll happen.

I'll have to find it then. Everything I've heard from your "sec talking heads" is how sick the OU offense is overall. Never heard them trying to say OU only passes the ball.
Listen more closely then.

McElbitch disrespects OU every chance he gets. He'll only turn it up now that his alma mater is playing us.

He did call the ISU game. But he also had his head up his ass in putting tOSU into the 4th playoff spot.

At all events, until Bama gets beat almost everyone is going to default to them preseason and in the playoffs. Just wish we had a competent DC going into the one....

OU has nothing to lose and all to gain. They'll play lose. They'll wear the underdog title well. On the other hand, Bama has all to lose and not much more to win. If they beat OU, so what, they're supposed to. If they lose, they'll be mocked and deemed as a program that's finally on the slide down. I think they'll play tight... if OU smacks them in the mouth a few times, who knows what'll happen.
Don't agree with this. Of course Bama has a ton to win in it's game against OU. Not so much because it's OU, but because it's to secure another shot in the national title game. That is Bama's goal each year. It's still attainable and in front of them. So you can't say they don't have much to win in this game.

ADVERTISEMENT