ADVERTISEMENT

Landry Jones featured on ESPN

Loved the article and appreciate the posting of the link.

Landry has no escape ability. That oft ridiculed video of his 40 at the combine has a lot to do with it. It a solid pocket, he can be a very effective quarterback. But defenses are too good at screwing with pass blocking rules for that to always be the case. Now Brady can read a defense so well, that with about the same mobility, he's still very effective, though not as much as a year or two ago. But Landry ain't close to that yet.

And his occasional ball security issues compounds the problems. I really like who he is as a guy. But as a quarterback, being an NFL backup is the best he can aspire to, IMO.

Reactions: iasooner1
He was a good QB, but was also overrated by some. He had a good arm but was terribly slow and was not very accurate when pressured. I think he got about as much as he could out of himself. I remember saying he could be a quality backup QB in the NFL and thats about what happened. It was a nice career for him and he seems like a great person.

Never mind his football skills or lack thereof, what was his major in school that relegated him to accept a job knocking down bathrooms? This is a job for before or during school not post grad. Was he one of those "Park Bench Management" majors?

Not sure but I do have a lot more respect for the guy after reading that. Nobody should ever be too good to get their hands dirty.

I'm a big fan of starting at the bottom and working your way up. But that mostly applies where the distance between top and bottom is more than two places.

I think its an admirable trait to humble yourself and be willing to do what some people might consider beneath them. I think I saw where Marcus Dupree was a truck driver? Nothing wrong with an honest days work.

A friend just text me claiming Jones isn’t the Renegades starter today. No other info. Anybody know anything? Sounds like fake news!

I think its an admirable trait to humble yourself and be willing to do what some people might consider beneath them. I think I saw where Marcus Dupree was a truck driver? Nothing wrong with an honest days work.
I'm not contesting the admiration due for hard work. Marcus Dupree did not take advantage of the opportunities afforded him other than a short football career. He ended up a college dropout with a limp.

ADVERTISEMENT