ADVERTISEMENT

Kyler's smilin šŸ˜

Exactly. Both guys are up there in years, but if (if!) they can stay healthy, the Cardinals will be a lot better in their front seven.

Kyler needs some help on the oline though. Even at receiver.

I believe the Cardinals now have the top two sack guys for the last 10 years on their line, on a defense which was already a good sack team. I agree the oline still needs some help. My guess is with a more "standard" qb, the Cardinals would be below .500 and an afterthought in one of the toughest NFL divisions.

I'm not sure how much J.J. has left in the tank. He didn't have as good of a year as he did last year and I'm afraid the injuries are taking a toll on him. I hope he can get healthy and be very productive.

I believe the Cardinals now have the top two sack guys for the last 10 years on their line, on a defense which was already a good sack team. I agree the oline still needs some help. My guess is with a more "standard" qb, the Cardinals would be below .500 and an afterthought in one of the toughest NFL divisions.

You're 100% right about the bolded part. Murray is a tremendous talent. He's like Drew Breese and Barry Sanders in one guy.

They had it going for a little while last year. Beat SEA. Beat BUF to get to 7-3. Then Murray hurt his shoulder and the wheels came off.

It's really on the GM and some on Kingsbury as well. But if they build a good defense, and give Murray enough weapons, they can win a superbowl. That's how good Kyler is.

I ran across JJ's reception this morning at one of the top end resort hotels in north Scottsdale. The five or so official Cardinal Red Cadillac Escalades gave it away pretty quick. I was told he and his wife will be looking at homes in the immediate area this week. The weather is ideal at present. 75 daytime and 40 at night. Not a cloud in the sky. Welcome to the Valley of the Sun Mr. & Mrs. Watt.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how much J.J. has left in the tank. He didn't have as good of a year as he did last year and I'm afraid the injuries are taking a toll on him. I hope he can get healthy and be very productive.
I think the stress of a dysfunctional organization along with Watson's desire to jump ship? JJ lost trust in the Texans and he fortunately was in a position to do something about it, good for him.
Imo. JJ's a beast and he's got a few years left in the tank, I would have been just as pleased seeing him plowing mofos for Baker up in Cleveland, but that woulda meant him beating down his brothers in Pittsburgh. Rivals with your brothers you know? I'm good with it. Look out for the Card's I'm telling you!

I think the stress of a dysfunctional organization along with Watson's desire to jump ship? JJ lost trust in the Texans and he fortunately was in a position to do something about it, good for him.
Imo. JJ's a beast and he's got a few years left in the tank, I would have been just as pleased seeing him plowing mofos for Baker up in Cleveland, but that woulda meant him beating down his brothers in Pittsburgh. Rivals with your brothers you know? I'm good with it. Look out for the Card's I'm telling you!

Maybe a situation like Brady where he has all the money he wants, he just wants to go to a team with Super Bowl potential.

Maybe a situation like Brady where he has all the money he wants, he just wants to go to a team with Super Bowl potential.
Absolutely, Texans are a dumpster fire right now and fortunately for JJ, he was able to dictate his terms. Good move for the Cards. I can see them owning the NFC west as early as next season because of JJ. There you have it brother, that's Super Bowl material if you've ever seen it. Imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner2000
Especially if Kyler and all his helpers stay healthy for an entire season (obviously)

Last edited:
Reactions: JConXtsy
Who woulda ever thought Kingsbury would be an NFL coach.

His job is in legitimate jeopardy in 2021. He has shown flashes as an offensive innovator, but has appeared overwhelmed late in games. Just my humble opinion.

8-8 might buy him another year, but I doubt it. The Cardinals won't waste another year of Murray's promising career if K2 can't get them to the playoffs this year.

His job is in legitimate jeopardy in 2021. He has shown flashes as an offensive innovator, but has appeared overwhelmed late in games. Just my humble opinion.

8-8 might buy him another year, but I doubt it. The Cardinals won't waste another year of Murray's promising career if K2 can't get them to the playoffs this year.
I have a few friends and neighbors that are devout Cardinals fans and season ticket holders. If the sports bar chatter can be a valid barometer I would say 8-8 will get him fired. He went 8-8 last year. As you have indicated, his productivity dropped off the last half of the season and further to that, the last half of each game. Kingsbury has been reported as saying he did not have all the pieces he need to reach the next plateau. Bidwill would not have gone after Watt (over $15 million/year) if he was not a part of the master plan. I think the Cardinals need to go 11-5 and penetrate the playoff bracket for Kingsbury to be around in 2022. Just my take on the local chatter.

Scottsdale, how much better would Kyler perform if Riley were his coach? I donā€™t think that would ever happen again but never thought Kingsbury would make a good NFL head coach. I have to say, he has surprised me. I guess another question would be is ā€œwho would be capable of getting the Cardinals to the next level without bulking up the offenseā€. Watts is going to be an asset defensively but Kyler needs help, too. Whatā€™s your take?

Reactions: iasooner2000
Scottsdale, how much better would Kyler perform if Riley were his coach? I donā€™t think that would ever happen again but never thought Kingsbury would make a good NFL head coach. I have to say, he has surprised me. I guess another question would be is ā€œwho would be capable of getting the Cardinals to the next level without bulking up the offenseā€. Watts is going to be an asset defensively but Kyler needs help, too. Whatā€™s your take?
I think the jump from college to pros is a much bigger leap than most believe. Just ask Saban and Spurrier (Meyer to be added to this list soon). Kingsbury is doing better than I expected also. The questions over Cardinal coaching choices was compounded this year by Bruce Arians winning the SB. Riley will serve himself well by staying where he is. He's the king of his domain and the walls of his castle are solid. The Cardinals had some injuries that contributed to their late slide. The Cardinals D was in the top 10 of NFL. Their O Line was #3 in Run Block and Pass Block in NFL. We, the viewing audience with a measure of understanding of the game come to expect particular schemes or plays based on down and distance. Cliff calls plays that do not fit the circumstances. The stats warrant a better win record. This is the cloud over Kingsbury.

I think the jump from college to pros is a much bigger leap than most believe. Just ask Saban and Spurrier (Meyer to be added to this list soon). Kingsbury is doing better than I expected also. The questions over Cardinal coaching choices was compounded this year by Bruce Arians winning the SB. Riley will serve himself well by staying where he is. He's the king of his domain and the walls of his castle are solid. The Cardinals had some injuries that contributed to their late slide. The Cardinals D was in the top 10 of NFL. Their O Line was #3 in Run Block and Pass Block in NFL. We, the viewing audience with a measure of understanding of the game come to expect particular schemes or plays based on down and distance. Cliff calls plays that do not fit the circumstances. The stats warrant a better win record. This is the cloud over Kingsbury.
Isn't the Oline horribly overrated because of KM and his super athleticism?

Reactions: Crimson_Warrior
That, I cannot say. I don't know what is taken into consideration when logging run block and pass block statistics. And I don't know if the QB has any influence in these statistics. It would seem that "overrated" would be opinion benchmarked against stats that are not truly reflective of performance. If these can be measured then the ranking would be effected. Your point is well taken and logic would say that if your QB is lightening fast and no one puts a hand on him it would reflect well on big uglies blocking. I apologize in advance if we have any retired O Linemen here!

BTW: Kyler is very popular off the field here. He is reported to be a gentleman with an appreciation of his fans. He gathers no bad press. I understand he will initiate conversation with anyone in OU attire.

Last edited:

I wonder if the Cards' courted Urban. Kyler's got all the strengths of all of Urban's qbs and then some. Players like Kyler make a coach look good while deficiencies are given less priority. Bidwill bringin in Kingsbury was a head scratcher imo.

K1 does cover up some of the flaws with the O-line and the scheme with his incredible escape-ability. That really can't be argued. The Cardinals desperately need an upgrade at C, and OG.

I wonder if the Cards' courted Urban. Kyler's got all the strengths of all of Urban's qbs and then some. Players like Kyler make a coach look good while deficiencies are given less priority. Bidwill bringin in Kingsbury was a head scratcher imo.

I guess KK was supposed to be the Cardinal's Sean McVay. And for about ten games last season. It looked like it was working. It really did. They were lighting people up. Then they went 1-5 in their last six though, and the offense tapered off pretty badly. Left a bad taste in everybody's mouth, and people started talking a lot more about KK's play calling and game management.

As for Meyer, and it's not like I'm an insider or anything, but I think the Cardinal's FO is a little to conservative too consider someone with as much baggage as Urban.

KK's lucky. He gets a third year, and the Cardinal's GM, Steve Keim, is in a win-now mode, because his job is on the line too. Kingsbury is in a "fair" situation. The roster really should be a little more complete in 21, and he and Kyler should be getting better together. Both in their third year. It's time to get into the post-season.

Last edited:
Reactions: newnasty
Who can blame Meyer? The time was perfect for his leap to the NFL and the team he selected to join has the Clemson QB all wrapped up. As did Kingsbury w/ Kyler. These two QBs makes the HC jobs so much better. Much easier. Meyer will do well in Jacksonville. He'll be given the time to assemble & orchestrate a team. Much like Jimmy johnson did w/ the Cowboys.

Reactions: Crimson_Warrior
ADVERTISEMENT