ADVERTISEMENT

Kyler Watch...

We opened up the playbook against ISU and Murray made some great throws over the middle. He showed his legs and ability to extend plays. The best thing I've seen, he doesn't tuck and run, he wants to throw the ball, even when tucking was the right play.

I have been impressed how composed Kyler has been in the pocket and doesn't abandon the pass because he gets "happy feet." Maybe some of that is due to the very good pass protection he gets from his O-line and how quickly he can deliver the ball. I still cringe whenever he runs, whether it be a scramble or a designed run play, but if he can minimize the number of hits he takes, then do whatever it takes to make a play and get yards/points.

As long as Murray stays healthy, OU has a chance of winning every game.
If he goes down with an injury, OU becomes a much weaker team.
This is unlike last year, when Murray was Mayfield's backup and offered a much higher level of backup than Kendall or Mordecai do now.

This is unlike last year, when Murray was Mayfield's backup and offered a much higher level of backup than Kendall or Mordecai do now.

I gotta rib you on this one, CT. Maybe you're referencing Kendall's injury, but you were the most vocal here about how we shouldn't start capitulating for Kendall to Murray over the summer.

Reactions: iasooner1
I gotta rib you on this one, CT. Maybe you're referencing Kendall's injury, but you were the most vocal here about how we shouldn't start capitulating for Kendall to Murray over the summer.
No, not Kendall's injury. Just that I believe Murray was a better backup last year to Mayfield than Kendall is to Murray THIS year.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT