ADVERTISEMENT

Kyler edges out Tua in Final Heisman Rankings of the Year

With all of the SEC lobbying by the blowhards, this will be a close vote. This even with Kyler’s numbers way off the charts and much better than Tua’s. Side note...not sure Tua will be a go for the Orange Bowl. He may only be 3/4 healed from surgical procedure by then.

Reactions: Senior Sooner
ESPN pointed out that the last five Maxwell winners have gone on to win the Heisman. That’s a pretty nasty trend against Kyler winning. I remember hearing that last season (four) which made me more confident in Baker getting the Heisman. I liked it last year, not so this year.

ESPN pointed out that the last five Maxwell winners have gone on to win the Heisman. That’s a pretty nasty trend against Kyler winning. I remember hearing that last season (four) which made me more confident in Baker getting the Heisman. I liked it last year, not so this year.
Yes, but voting for the Maxwell ended on Nov. 18th which was before both the WVU and Big 12 Championship game (and the SEC Championship Game). I expect K1 to pull the Heisman out.

True. Unfortunately, many Heisman voters turned in their ballots prior to the CC games. It will be interesting.
It was only like 10-12% and if I'm guessing they were probably Tua voters regardless since he is the one that had been topping the lists. The remaining 85% were probably waiting the complete season to play out and the CCGames may have sealed it for K1. Just a thought...………..

I think 6 of the last 8 that won the Heisman also won the Davey O Brien. 4 of the last 5 Heisman Winners also won the Maxwell Award.
I think it will be close but I bet Tua still wins it. The talking heads say voters should look at his body of work over the season. Thats funny because the same talking heads think a body of work for a team during the season should not matter when being considered for the playoffs.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
I can’t remember who from ESPN said this last night but the comment was made that Kyler had great stats “but he plays in a conference that other quarterbacks would have better stats while Tua plays the most difficult defenses in college football”. Paraphrasing. That is what so many people hear and therefore believe. Those that do frankly haven’t spent much time watching Kyler.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
If you look at the "body of work", Kyler blows away the competition. If you just look at the Georgia/Bama game, Tua looked like crap and if it wasn't for the backup, Bama would have lost. Kyler won the award that night.

I can’t remember who from ESPN said this last night but the comment was made that Kyler had great stats “but he plays in a conference that other quarterbacks would have better stats while Tua plays the most difficult defenses in college football”. Paraphrasing. That is what so many people hear and therefore believe. Those that do frankly haven’t spent much time watching Kyler.
That's just talking heads spewing talking points...……...Highly doubt they actually watch the damn games...……...

Some Oklahoma media guys are going around asking voters in NYC their choice. Based on that alone, looks like Tua will win it.

Some Oklahoma media guys are going around asking voters in NYC their choice. Based on that alone, looks like Tua will win it.
That's gonna suck if Tua takes it. Literally the only reason is he started off with a HUGE lead over the rest of the country from his play in the national title game last year. The rest of this season was everyone else playing catch up.

Reactions: Oklabama
ADVERTISEMENT