ADVERTISEMENT

Kudos to Bob Stoops and his coaching staff

Oklabama

Sooner starter
Aug 10, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Yes, this was Kansas, but regardless, I am seeing a much better team right now than what I saw in September and early October. One more rather easy game next week then we see what kind of team the Sooners are when we play Baylor, TCU and O-State. I am not a rah-rah guy, but I can't help thinking win or lose, Bob will have the Sooners ready to play at a high level the rest of the way. I am willing to take what comes as long as the team plays hard and smart. If the last few weeks are any indication, I like our chances. I have posted several times that I like this team that wasn't expected to be great. Well, maybe they aren't great....but I like them better right now than anytime this season. And, Bob and staff deserve the to get the credit. When OU underperforms, Bob gets the blame, so turnabout is only fair. Boomer!

Yes, this was Kansas, but regardless, I am seeing a much better team right now than what I saw in September and early October. One more rather easy game next week then we see what kind of team the Sooners are when we play Baylor, TCU and O-State. I am not a rah-rah guy, but I can't help thinking that win or lose, Bob will have the Sooners ready to play at a high level the rest of the way. I am willing to take what comes as long as the team plays hard and smart. If the last few weeks are any indication, I like our chances. I have posted several times that I like this team that wasn't expected to be great. Well, maybe they aren't great....but I like them better right now than anytime this season. And, Bob and staff deserve the to get the credit. When OU underperforms, Bob get the blame, so turnabout is only fair. Boomer!

Yep, this team has only upside left.

I think we'll all be smiling like possums when November is done.

If I'm wrong, I'll self ban for...72 hours.

Longer, if you'll throw some bucks into my Paypal account. 100 buck minimum.:D

Reactions: soonersoldier
Traveling for training today costs me seeing the game; thanks for the updates to board members. Sounds like the team and staff have found a groove and more importantly a focus. Is it a championship caliber focus? We will see during the last 3 games. I am still disappointed for NO ONE showing up for Texas but am encouraged with the games since. I'm gonna go the other way with it; if OU doesn't finish strong (at least 2 of 3) I will start participating on this board on a daily basis.....take that!

Reactions: Oklabama
SoonerSoldier, the board needs posters like you so please don't put any conditions on your participation. Boomer!

SoonerSoldier, the board needs posters like you so please don't put any conditions on your participation. Boomer!

Sooner! Thanks for the words, I was trying to have some fun with Since. I have been trying to get back in my groove with this board recently and will continue to do so. I don't think it is a coincidence the team is playing better with my return :cool:

Reactions: Oklabama
Soldier, if we win out I will give you all the credit. No problem for this old man. The toilet roll is getting smaller and smaller for anyone my age or older. Time's a wasting.

This board has been so negative since last' s years disappointing season, let's get back to positive thinking.

Works for me although I would suggest the negativity has been building in some form or fashion, for me, over the past few years. And the Bama game did not help. It was and is one of my favorite games in recent years but it kinda feels like a sucker punch considering how last year went.

Any negativity should be pointed against our nemesis, Texass, Stoolwater, etc, etc, etc.

That will never be a problem for me with Texas. I find it hard to conjure up the same level with osu due to the frequency, or lack there of, they actually beat OU.

Nothing negative you can really say about how the Sooners are playing right now...

...sadly, that's why the board is so quiet.

I would agree to some extent. I would also say if OU had played against Texas like everyone thought they should the board would be rowdy. Also I think many are timid about getting heavily invested again until OU achieves another big win, rightly or wrongly. Besides its a Saturday night and Halloween only nerds are on a football message board ;)

Nothing negative you can really say about how the Sooners are playing right now...

...sadly, that's why the board is so quiet.

Don't fret, bc. It can change next week. You're a smart guy. All it takes is a less than expected performance, so cheer up. The odds are in your favor. Fans! Can't live with them. Can't live without them.

It's odd to me that a "fan" would be so eager to point fingers when times are tough, but don't have a thing to say when some metaphorical pats on the back are well deserved.

Almost seems that some feel entitled to Oklahoma winning in 30 point fashion every Saturday. To bad that's not reality.

Oh, quit being such a killjoy, bc. Enjoy the fact that no one has anything negative to post. You probably only have to wait a week before you can jump someone's ass.

Reactions: BillyRay
Just pointing out what, IMO, is the original catalyst to the fighting.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

Will Johnson appears to really solidify the secondary. I also have to say I have really been impressed with the play of Dakota Austin. He always has seemed like he was small and I was fearing he would get picked on but he has more than held his own imo and his coverage has been very good.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT