ADVERTISEMENT

KSU and ISU not

Soonerborn59

Sooner starter
Aug 16, 2009
Doing the conference any favors. Wildcats tied with ASU at 21 heading into 4th and ISU losing to La 24-14.

Iowa St as a university have been devastated by COVID. It has to have had a big impact on their football team and their game prep. I guess Kansas had bad weather, but they're losing again to Coastal Carolina. The Chants just went up 35-17 ten minutes left in the game, five minutes after midnight.

And Kansas is losing to Coastal Carolina
38-23 with about a minute to go in the 4th. CC just kicked a FG and now KU has the ball. Not a good day for the Lil 12 minus 2.

Reactions: iasooner1
The real story is out of Austin. This is by far Herman's best team. They looked very good on both sides of the ball. You can see the influe

not sure how that happened...influence of new OC. It's gonna be a war in Dallas.

If OU can't run the ball any better than it did last night, it will be a one-sided war. That was a pitiful performance against, especially considering the competition. I didn't watch the game, but even if it was pure vanilla in the running game, the Sooners should have been able to average more than 3.5 yards per carry against a crap team. Their average in the 1st half was less than 3 yards per carry.

If OU can't run the ball any better than it did last night, it will be a one-sided war. That was a pitiful performance against, especially considering the competition. I didn't watch the game, but even if it was pure vanilla in the running game, the Sooners should have been able to average more than 3.5 yards per carry against a crap team. Their average in the 1st half was less than 3 yards per carry.
Almost every season the run game sucks in September

Reactions: runningback43
The running game was without Stevenson who averaged 8 yards per carry last season (64 carries for 515 yards) and Pledger. I think the running game would have had 80-100 more yards if those two had played.
From the highlights I saw, OU's line had many second line players in the game in the second half....when OU had only 7 points.
Looked like Riley decided to audition many players knowing the game was not going to be challenging. Mordecai got some very important time as well.

Reactions: veritas59
The 2 freshmen played well, I thought.
I think play-calling and the scrambled O-line were responsible for the 3.5 yards per carry.
Need some time to get in a rhythm.
Fortunately, looks like we will have a good opportunity with KSU and ISU up next.

Reactions: JConXtsy
Big 12 stinks. The land of 2-3 good teams (OU, Texas, maybe OSU) and rest very suspect. This does not bode well for rankings respect. Just glad we started off well. Always will be things to clean up for the KState game but overall it was not too bad. Rattler is definitely all in.

In the post game, Riley admitted it was less than ok, but he specifically called out himself, the backs RB&HB, and the QB which I thought was interesting. I do not believe he called out the line, but I could have just missed it.

ADVERTISEMENT