ADVERTISEMENT

Kid's full of piss and vinegar......

LAY THE WOODY

Sooner starter
Jul 23, 2008
Just saw the Spencer Jones episode. Hopeful for a full recovery for the kid. Rekindled memories of my youth and early military years. Events, regrettably, that I could've should've avoided. Youth and alcohol are a deadly mix. Speedy recovery Spencer.

Reactions: kcstorm06
Just saw the Spencer Jones episode. Hopeful for a full recovery for the kid. Rekindled memories of my youth and early military years. Events, regrettably, that I could've should've avoided. Youth and alcohol are a deadly mix. Speedy recovery Spencer.

Never pick a fight with a martial arts guy or wrestler. And never ever challenge a blacksmith to an arm wrestling battle. I was beaten badly. Lessons in life.

He was just trying to break up a fight, l read.

A punch disintegrates an eye socket. His friend forgotten by now surely suffered a cracked skull.

Last edited:
A punch disintegrates an eye socket. His friend forgotten by know surely suffered a cracked skull.
I imagine the major problem for the "victim" is his years of MMA training. While I recognize his nose was bloodied, likely from a moment not caught on tape, his hands are considered deadly weapons.

Don't get me wrong the WR and his friend appear to be jackwagons, but in the eyes of the law, trained fighters can be held to a higher standard.

I imagine the major problem for the "victim" is his years of MMA training. While I recognize his nose was bloodied, likely from a moment not caught on tape, his hands are considered deadly weapons.

Don't get me wrong the WR and his friend appear to be jackwagons, but in the eyes of the law, trained fighters can be held to a higher standard.
Forget about the deadly hands thing, goddam almighty, forlorn law crap that won't stand up on any day. The real story is what got em in the restroom. This we don't know yet but it really doesn't matter at this point. Spencers bro (as seen in vid) is clearly the aggressor. He wanted some and he got it, and unfortunately so did Spence. They got their heads crushed and you're trying to push the "deadly weapons" hands thing? It's pretty simple. Who asked for it? Spence's bro. All I'm trying to say is they could've avoided the beating. I've been there done it a hundred times.

Forget about the deadly hands thing, goddam almighty, forlorn law crap that won't stand up on any day. The real story is what got em in the restroom. This we don't know yet but it really doesn't matter at this point. Spencers bro (as seen in vid) is clearly the aggressor. He wanted some and he got it, and unfortunately so did Spence. They got their heads crushed and you're trying to push the "deadly weapons" hands thing? It's pretty simple. Who asked for it? Spence's bro. All I'm trying to say is they could've avoided the beating. I've been there done it a hundred times.
I agree just passing along information from my experience and a legal aspect.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
DA's are notorious for only taking on cases they can win or settle as a win. This allows them to present their 97% cases won. I don't see any of this w/ having any jail or prison sentnce as some are touting.

On a civil case, there needs to be a 10-2 jury panel of the charge of guilt. If I was a juror, there is no way I'd give either party any money from the other. But that's just me.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
DA's are notorious for only taking on cases they can win or settle as a win. This allows them to present their 97% cases won. I don't see any of this w/ having any jail or prison sentnce as some are touting.

On a civil case, there needs to be a 10-2 jury panel of the charge of guilt. If I was a juror, there is no way I'd give either party any money from the other. But that's just me.
Kids being kids. No need wasting the court's time on the docket. They're havin enough of a hard time getting things right as it is.

Small point but in Oklahoma, it requires 9 of 12 jurors to render a verdict in a civil case for over $10K. As far as criminal cases, DA's do file quite a few garbage cases. On this one, what is on camera shows the guy caught Jones off guard with a punch and then pummelled him. It doesn't show self defense for the attacker in my opinion. What was being said is important, though, so I won't presume to judge the case.

It doesn't show self defense for the attacker in my opinion. What was being said is important, though, so I won't presume to judge the case.

No, what it shows is a bunch of drunk juveniles. I say juveniles because they're barely of legal drinking age if that and the bar might encounter
some ramification also for serving minors and are probably just as involved in this case with counsel. I'm embarrassed for the University as well as Spencer and his bro but like Pat Mcafee said above, "you just woke up a bear!" Life's lessons.

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT