ADVERTISEMENT

Kendell

I agree. I believe my confidence would be down if I was beat out at two different schools. I guess maybe he really wants to play and he's willing to go through all the transfer work again.

Ya he should honestly just give up football and offer to be a GA for a year or two at OU. Heck maybe even coach high school
Put him on the bench w/ clip board have him breakdown film and be ready if Rattler & Williams goes down. Hell if they go down, we screwed anyway.

Reactions: ShamWowed
I like having a backup QB with playing time. If Rattler is injured why not have Kendall when we have a true freshman as the only other option who may\may not be up to speed? Besides, it could be good for Kendall in that he takes a similar path to football as Riley. He could recognize what his talent does not provide and apply himself to coaching someday.

I liked Mordecai and Morris behind Rattler. Both were quality backups and I would have preferred that one had stayed at least until next year. I think both will be good starters at SMU and TCU.
One game I remember well was the 2009 Texas team that had no quality backup at that time behind Colt McCoy and it proved costly in their championship game against Alabama, which Alabama won 37-21.

Kendall has nothing to gain coming back to OU if he truly wants to play quarterback next season. Right off hand, I can’t think of any D1 school where he could count on being the # 1.

By now he should have his master's degree...
Right? Caleb Kelly is coming back for OU and just graduated in December with his Masters. He’ll be Dr Kelly by the time he leaves OU.

I like having a backup QB with playing time. If Rattler is injured why not have Kendall when we have a true freshman as the only other option who may\may not be up to speed? Besides, it could be good for Kendall in that he takes a similar path to football as Riley. He could recognize what his talent does not provide and apply himself to coaching someday.

Caleb Williams in an early enrollee and has been living in Norman for a while now. He will be up-to-speed assuming we get a full spring practice this year.

Yeah, it’s curious that AK is transferring again. I wonder what his post-playing plans are, and if he’s setting up for that-and maybe WV wasn’t the place to be 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
I stand corrected and updated. Thank you, sir.
No problem. It was pay board info, so wasn’t sure how much I could share without getting into trouble 😜

Good seeing you again. Was actually thinking about you recently - wife is really pushing for us to move to the Phoenix area. Scottsdale is high up on the list, though looks like Gilbert is her current #1 ranked choice.

Reactions: iasooner1
No problem. It was pay board info, so wasn’t sure how much I could share without getting into trouble 😜

Good seeing you again. Was actually thinking about you recently - wife is really pushing for us to move to the Phoenix area. Scottsdale is high up on the list, though looks like Gilbert is her current #1 ranked choice.
How have you been? Where do you live now? We love Scottsdale. We are NE off the 101 Freeway in Pinnacle Peak area. Closer to Carefree/Cave Creek than Phoenix. The suburban areas such as Gilbert, Mesa & Chandler are all very nice. It is easy to get around, wide streets, etc. The weather is always good. Hot in the summer but low humidity. We moved here from Dubai where the temperature was the same but with 95% humidity. We are expecting highs in the 80s this week. Lows around 38 to 40. Let me know if you are coming this direction. I would not make a good tour guide but we could catch up for a cold bev of your choice.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT