ADVERTISEMENT

Just sad

Reading an article describing the top 10 teams and here's OU's description:

6. Oklahoma (9-1) (7)
"This defense, gashed for 640 yards and 47 points by mediocre-at-best Oklahoma State, might allow 100 points to Alabama."

https://nypost.com/2018/11/12/the-alabama-blueprint-has-made-clemson-into-a-scary-contender/?src=rss

I call bullsh*t on this statement. I watch Bama closely and I’ve seen a drop in the Tide offense lately. Tua is not the weapon now as he was at the beginning of the season. He’s not 100% healthy and it’s affecting him. And OSU does not have a mediocre offense. Fake News!!

Reactions: iasooner1
Right on the money. It makes me wonder if Riley truly understands the frustration about his totally inept defensive coaches. I am very irritated with the players but it seems to me that, for the most part, we have good athletes they are just not being coached properly.

We look pretty pathetic on defense. That cannot be argued.

I haven't looked, but I guarantee you that Baylor gave up fewer yards (probably way fewer yards) to O-state than we did.

Baylor's defense is better than ours. Straight up.

What I don't understand is how could this happen?

We want a playoff spot, but we don't need it. What we really need is a big time DC hire and that immediately hits the recruiting trail. There is much work to be done. Culture to change. Attitudes to change or players to transfer.

I'm afraid we would get embarrassed by anyone except maybe the domers.I don't want to see it again.We just need to regroup,make a big DC hire and even then it will take probably 1 or 2 years to straighten this mess out.
I don't want to call out kids on the defense but a lot of this could be helped by simply giving effort.Watch the replay and it will smack you right in the face.It looks like they don't even care how little effort they expend.
I just don't get it.

I'm afraid we would get embarrassed by anyone except maybe the domers.I don't want to see it again.We just need to regroup,make a big DC hire and even then it will take probably 1 or 2 years to straighten this mess out.
I don't want to call out kids on the defense but a lot of this could be helped by simply giving effort.Watch the replay and it will smack you right in the face.It looks like they don't even care how little effort they expend.
I just don't get it.

I’d rather take on the SEC runner-up this year.

What gets me is how bad the secondary is. Do they not go good on good in practice. Our secondary should be preet damn good after practicing against our offense. Or maybe our offense makes them look silly so they have no confidence when it comes to covering receivers.

There is absolutely zero doubt in my mind that if we somehow made the playoff as the 4 Seed, Bama would mudhole OU to the tune of about 49-17 (talking a USC type of beatdown).

I agree the defense is bad but just who in the hell has bama played that would lead you to believe they would mudhole OU?
Even a 2 win terrible Arkie team managed 30 points and over 400 yds of offense on them.

The highest ranked Defense in the Big XII this week is Iowa St at #32. WVU is #37. OU dropped from 60 to 80 this week at the hands of OSU. Kansas is #79 and Kansas St is #81. Texas is #86, OSU is #93 and Baylor is #96. Conversely, OU is #1 on Offense. TTech is #7 and OSU is #11, WVU #12, Baylor at #30 & Texas #50.

Reactions: CalSooner
I agree the defense is bad but just who in the hell has bama played that would lead you to believe they would mudhole OU?
Even a 2 win terrible Arkie team managed 30 points and over 400 yds of offense on them.

Just an opinion and I would love to be proven wrong! I have seen nothing from OU's defense that makes me believe they could stop Alabama and they have handled everyone they've played. Not to mention, you picked the Arky game that Bama won 65-31 by the way and the last Arky TD was scored with 13 seconds left in the game. That game was well over at Halftime.

Reactions: ShamWowed
Just an opinion and I would love to be proven wrong! I have seen nothing from OU's defense that makes me believe they could stop Alabama and they have handled everyone they've played. Not to mention, you picked the Arky game that Bama won 65-31 by the way and the last Arky TD was scored with 13 seconds left in the game. That game was well over at Halftime.

(My post from yesterday on another thread.) Bama has not really beaten anyone all that great as of yet. Until they do I am not going to say OU is not on any level compared to them. Unless I missed one bama has only faced 3 teams ranked in the top 50 offenses, Ole Miss at number 5, missouri at 17 and the aggies at 22. OU is a lot better than any of those 3 teams. Some keep bringing up lsu's defense but their offense ranks #93.
And lsu only beat a bad 2 win arkie team 24-17.

(My post from yesterday on another thread.) Bama has not really beaten anyone all that great as of yet. Until they do I am not going to say OU is not on any level compared to them. Unless I missed one bama has only faced 3 teams ranked in the top 50 offenses, Ole Miss at number 5, missouri at 17 and the aggies at 22. OU is a lot better than any of those 3 teams. Some keep bringing up lsu's defense but their offense ranks #93.
And lsu only beat a bad 2 win arkie team 24-17.
I think it is time we agree to disagree on the Bama front. Just consider what Texas did to OU for 3 quarters. If you think Bama could not sustain drives and give our offense enough 3 and outs to blow us out, I will just say your confidence is much higher than mine. However, I will admit I am a pessimist most of the time.

I think it is time we agree to disagree on the Bama front. Just consider what Texas did to OU for 3 quarters. If you think Bama could not sustain drives and give our offense enough 3 and outs to blow us out, I will just say your confidence is much higher than mine. However, I will admit I am a pessimist most of the time.

Very true, I just don't think like a lot of the talking heads do that this bama team is one of the greatest if not the greatest team of all time.
We were supposed to be throttled by them in the Sugar a few yrs ago and last year we were not supposed to be able to compete with Georgia and their Defense either but we did.

I just have that gut feeling we are on a collision course for a Dawgs rematch in the Sugar Bowl. Just on the outside of CFB Playoff and fogging up the window pane.

I think Georgia will be fired up for the SEC Title game as defending champs and payback to Bama for the NC game. I think Georgia beats bama and both make the playoffs again. The playoff committee will be creaming their pants to get 2 sec teams in again.
If OU does not get in and we win out I predict we will play lsu in the Sugar and get some good payback for 2003. lsu is like Auburn was a few yrs ago. Decent D but bad O.
Close early on but OU pulls away for a 42 to 24 win.

Reactions: iasooner1
No doubt that Bama will have a lot of success offensively against OUr defense. I also think OUr offense would have a lot of success against the Bama defense. OU does have one of the best if not the best offensive lines in the country. In my opinion we would move the ball and score points.

The only reason Tua is the Heisman front runner is because he plays for Alabama.
I'd like to think it will be VERY Tough for the Heisman Voters to choose ANYONE over Kyler, IF he stays on track and continues stacking his stats. He is an Incredible Athlete, and that's not simply my OU-Fanatic-Voice speaking. I'd feel the same if he played for an opposing team...

There is absolutely zero doubt in my mind that if we somehow made the playoff as the 4 Seed, Bama would mudhole OU to the tune of about 49-17 (talking a USC type of beatdown).[/QUOTE
Yeah well, a lot of people didn’t give us a chance in 2014 either.

True, but that 2014 game didn't have National Championship implications. Just my opinion, and hopefully OU gets the chance to prove about 98% of the Country wrong again!

Reactions: OUSOONER67
ADVERTISEMENT