ADVERTISEMENT

Just read this from the Army coach

veritas59

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2003
On how they limited Oklahoma’s high-powered offense: “Just hold the ball – I think that’s our philosophy to try and maintain possession of the ball. We were able to do that and sustain some drives, but unfortunately we had a couple times where we had a chance to get some points and didn’t. “For them, they played a defense that they haven’t played all year and that’s not what we practiced against all week. We were surprised that they came out in that defense because that’s the defense that our defense runs. We got a lot of reps banked against a 3-4 defense and I think that’s why our guys were able to execute and do that effectively enough.”

And this:

JUNIOR RUNNING BACK KELL WALKER On making yardage against Oklahoma: “We had a game plan coming into this game. Oklahoma came out with a 50 defense, which we run a lot in practice. It is our run defense. Our O-Line did a great job blocking up front and our slots, wideout did a good job blocking out on the perimeter. That is how we were able to get outside, and I am just glad that the coaches trust.”

So once again Jack In Box made a coaching error. How many times does Teflon Don get before he gets whacked (aka fired for performance) ? Why again did this lummox get a raise Lincoln? He has cost us enough. The Sooners reputation is getting pissed on and attacked with a spent and out of position defense. Use wprld class athletes properly or get the hell out.

ADVERTISEMENT