ADVERTISEMENT

Jordy Bahl

I see nothing on injuries to Jordy Bahl. I made a quick call and was told that, although the lineups are not cast in stone until game time, Jordy would likely be listed starting tomorrow. Trautwein is likely for today. ISU is not as big a hitting threat as Texas or OSU. Again, not fixed until line ups are submitted to the officials.

They were in several FB or instagram posts...I'll see if I can hunt it down
here is an example...

Update for the game.... no official announcement yet but Jordy is not warming up with the team, and has some kind of brace on her right wrist!!!
Prayers for her for healing and her mentally! It HAS to be KILLING her to not be out there!!!
We got you Jordy!!!
🙏🏻
💥
🙏🏻

#SoonerStrong
#SoonerSoftball
#OUDNA
#ChampionshipMindset
#PrayersForJordy

If memory serves me correctly she wears this brace after an intense pitching practice session. She has been working pretty aggressively improving her pitch repertoire. I heard the pitching coaches have to slow her down and cut her practice pitches to insure she is rested and ready at game time. As fans, we are not really aware how intense and focused this girl really is. She is consumed with getting better with an aim at being the best, ever. Gasso has hit on her intensity on a few occasions in the recent past.

There was never any intention for Jordy to pitch today. It made ZERO sense when a tougher opponent will present itself tomorrow.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Ryan Aber with the Oklahoman is reporting that Jordy is dealing with a sore arm and isn’t expected to play in the B12 Tournament. Gasso didn’t specifically indicate an arm problem only “she has some soreness”. So could be an arm or a hand. In any event, it’s a concern, IMO.

Last edited:
Ryan Aber with the Oklahoman is reporting that Jordy is dealing with a sore arm and isn’t expected to play in the B12 Tournament. Gasso didn’t specifically indicate a arm problem only “she has some soreness”. So could be an arm or a hand. In any event, it’s a concern, IMO.
OK thanks. I am not hearing much different today than yesterday. If Nicole May starts and holds the Cowgirls then we may not see Bahl. Let's hope the trainers have it under control.

I was just reminded that Gasso made the observation last week that Trautwein and May needed much more playoff exposure. He said that Bahl's soreness (wink wink wink) creates the opportunity to give Trautwein and May competitive Big XII Turney innings with minimal need for explanation by Gasso to the media. I was told we could see little of Bahl in early regional play as well. Bahl needs rest and May needs to book some innings. Gasso knows best!!

What the heck, technical issues from OKC and no coverage of extra innings ?
Never mind; just in time for the force out at home

Last edited:
What the heck, technical issues from OKC and no coverage of extra innings ?
Bigger problems than that. Something has to be wrong with Jordy. You don’t not play your best pitcher in a championship game just to give your other pitchers playing time. Losing now will negatively affect the bracket. Not good.

And now we’re back on live.

I don’t think this loss will affect much in seedings but what it showed today was that JB is going to be the key to keep the opponents bats silent. May is a good pitcher but just not great. Trautwein is very good but at times spotty with her pitches. When she is on though she is every bit as good as JB.

In some ways losing today could really help this team out. It gives them something to re-focus on. I think OU gets back to OKC to defend the title but it sure won’t be easy. Every team that gets there will be a force to reckon with and repeating is never easy.

Pitching isnt the problem. the middle of the lineup is 0-15 in the last two games. The inability to play small ball will be the downfall of this team. Holding an opp to 3 runs in a championship game is pretty good. Only scoring 3 not so much.

and another thing Bahl is a true freshman, who has never pitched in this type of situation, if she was healthy you would think she would get the mound in extra innings. Experience of pitching to win a title in that stadium would have been a bonus for Bahl, she's the one who more than likely will pitching for a NC in that stadium, not May or Trautwein

I heard a Donihoo rumor. Someone on another site mentioned while OU was at Texas Tech Donihoo was talking to some Red Raider players and was ripping the OU staff up one and down another and also some players as well. Someone from OU was within ear shot and heard it all, and reported it to the staff. That's when Donihoo was sat down and then eventually took a leave of absence. Take it for what it's worth but I've seen this in two different places.

I heard a Donihoo rumor. Someone on another site mentioned while OU was at Texas Tech Donihoo was talking to some Red Raider players and was ripping the OU staff up one and down another and also some players as well. Someone from OU was within ear shot and heard it all, and reported it to the staff. That's when Donihoo was sat down and then eventually took a leave of absence. Take it for what it's worth but I've seen this in two different places.
If true, she really should have kept her mouth shut. Wonder what her anger was with OU and some of the players. I have heard rumors she was transferring to UF on another site.

Reactions: iasooner2000
To some extent I think the loss to OSU will benefit the mindset of the team. Reference JMU last year. I agree with Coe, if OU doesn't score runs from offensive fire power it is not going to be easy to beat many. This loss is not really on the pitching. Walking in a run is an unforgivable sin in most cases. This team seems to run high when emotions are high. We saw the results of what happens when emotions are low.

To some extent I think the loss to OSU will benefit the mindset of the team. Reference JMU last year. I agree with Coe, if OU doesn't score runs from offensive fire power it is not going to be easy to beat many. This loss is not really on the pitching. Walking in a run is an unforgivable sin in most cases. This team seems to run high when emotions are high. We saw the results of what happens when emotions are low.
The offense does seem to be struggling some but thats just the way it goes. Hot and cold streaks are pretty normal in Softball/Baseball at all levels. When that happens the game goes on the shoulder of the pitching. Bahl though is the enforcer of the staff and OU will need her arm if they want to repeat. Trautwein isnt an everyday pitcher like Jordy is capable of being.

A rested Trautwein though is as solid as they come. May is good but she is more hittable than the other two.

Brito came in and played better. I understand that might make Donihoo upset about being benched, but go out and play better, practice better. Ripping your coaches and team mates is never the right way, ever.

Brito came in and played better. I understand that might make Donihoo upset about being benched, but go out and play better, practice better. Ripping your coaches and team mates is never the right way, ever.
I like Donihoo but just take a look at her stats this year and there’s no way that she should be complaining about playing time. For some reason, she just went down hill this year offensively and even defensively. I hope she finds a place that brings her back. She was a diamond last year so I wish her all the best wherever her ends up.

Thats disappointing. I don't keep up with softball, but I did enjoy watching her in the series last year. She was amazing

Reactions: frou
Didn't like what Patty had to say about Bahl last night. Sounds like there might be more to this "soreness" than OU is leading on about. When she uttered "don't want to hurt it further" or whatever the exact words were--to me that is cause for concern. Unless Patty is playing us and the field???

Didn't like what Patty had to say about Bahl last night. Sounds like there might be more to this "soreness" than OU is leading on about. When she uttered "don't want to hurt it further" or whatever the exact words were--to me that is cause for concern. Unless Patty is playing us and the field???
I don’t see Patty playing mind games and as said she is getting an MRI done. I think we may have seen the last of Bahl this season. If so as long as our offense can pound out 4 plus runs a game I think OU will be fine. We know Trautwein can be great but May has to be better than good.

I don't think will need her until the 26th, so if it's nothing major, that's plenty of time to rest and heal.

Hearing reports, she fractured her right arm but is day to day. Depending upon how bad the fracture, it's usually 3-6 weeks to heal

If Bahl is out can the other two pitchers carry the load? There is another stud freshman on the roster Emmy Guthrie. I am sure she redshirted, hate to burn a redshirt this late in the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT