ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Smallwood

He is a playmaker..and yet Riley keeps him on bench?

There are all sorts of reasons why players don't see the field...

With how Flowers played, I don't think I'll worry too much about how Riley does things. Repeatedly going 3 & out could be an issue, but that's not happening...

I agree but Mead has shown to be inconsistent, Nice TD catch and run last night but dropped an easy pass on the sideline.

Put him in the backfield, or something to get the ball into his hands.

Interesting... 4 years removed from the time this video was made, 4 star recruit Stanvon Taylor sees the field how often? 3 star recruit Jordan Smallwood sees the field how often?

Maybe, just maybe, this video doesn't tell the whole story...

Maybe Mead is just better. He was a 4 star recruit by 2 sites, and considered a better WR by most than Smallwood. Ever wonder why it was late October last year before Smallwood saw the field? Was he injured? Was it because he doesn't block? Or is Riley just not bright enough to see your video and determine that Smallwood should now be a RB because he beat a guy once in drills who as a senior, isn't good enough to play for this dominate secondary????

And I thought you was a football coach, right?

Interesting... 4 years removed from the time this video was made, 4 star recruit Stanvon Taylor sees the field how often? 3 star recruit Jordan Smallwood sees the field how often?

Maybe, just maybe, this video doesn't tell the whole story...

Maybe Mead is just better. He was a 4 star recruit by 2 sites, and considered a better WR by most than Smallwood. Ever wonder why it was late October last year before Smallwood saw the field? Was he injured? Was it because he doesn't block? Or is Riley just not bright enough to see your video and determine that Smallwood should now be a RB because he beat a guy once in drills who as a senior, isn't good enough to play for this dominate secondary????

And I thought you was a football coach, right?
I AM a coach "was" would infer that I am retired or no longer coaching. Mead is a good looking kid, so is Dahu Green both over 6'4 and decent hands. My comment was more about the ISU game, being short at RB and the way Smallwood ran the ball the week before. Using Smallwood as a RB is a stretch, but using him on reverses and quick screens could work. You knows how go Stanvon Taylor is Mike is set on playing the same guys each week, unless there is an injury. Put Smallwood at corner, couldnt be any worse than what we are seeing now.

And yet Smallwood has one carry and three catches on the season for a total of 40 yards...

His big game this season was against Kansas, where he had a run and a catch for 19 yards... He had 17 yards on a reception against ULM...

His most productive days in his third season are during blowouts, but, you're the coach...

And yet Smallwood has one carry and three catches on the season for a total of 40 yards...

His big game this season was against Kansas, where he had a run and a catch for 19 yards... He had 17 yards on a reception against ULM...

His most productive days in his third season are during blowouts, but, you're the coach...[/QUO
Im glad that you have enough time to sit around and look up stats. You must have been cut from your high school team, and bitter towards coaches.

No, on the contrary. I played for Tom Kimbrough and won two state titles at Plano in '86 & '87... We played as a team. Our starting linebacker in '86 became our starting QB in '87. We went 16-0 and Steve Needham went on to blow out his knee for Baylor. Until his senior year in HS, he had never started a game at QB.

I still talk to Coach Brence, who is the Plano ISD Athletic Director and son played with the rapists at Baylor.

You care to explain my life to me? How about you tell me how all coaches do things the same, when I know they don't? You won't be the first to try me here...

I played for the same Tom Kimbrough, just a few years after you. I know all about the Plano teams, Needham lived a few houses from me. Kimbrough and Brence are the reason Im in coaching, If you still live in the area, lets meet up and talk about coaching philosophies since you have so much knowledge.

My comment was more about the ISU game, being short at RB and the way Smallwood ran the ball the week before. Using Smallwood as a RB is a stretch, but using him on reverses and quick screens could work.

Smallwood ran the ball once for 9 yards in the third quarter while ahead 35-3. It is his only rush this year. His third catch of the year was for 10 yards in the fourth quarter. It was thrown by the backup QB.

You started this thread. Why? I don't know. If you don't like the response I give you based upon the facts, then maybe you shouldn't be a "coach," coach.

I started the thread cause I believe he needs to be on the field more. Your right maybe I shouldnt be coaching, but again whenever you are free to talk about my career choice just let me know. I know there were plenty of kids on the Plano sidelines that never saw the field. Im guessing you werent one of those were you.

I played for the same Tom Kimbrough, just a few years after you. I know all about the Plano teams, Needham lived a few houses from me. Kimbrough and Brence are the reason Im in coaching, If you still live in the area, lets meet up and talk about coaching philosophies since you have so much knowledge.

You're the coach, not me. Yet I'm not the one talking about using a perennial backup WR at RB based off one play against Kansas in a blowout and a 4 year old tape against a perennial backup DB. The McCullough brothers are coaches as well, and how are they doing? Each week one has to wonder how bad they will get beat. One of them wins this week, since the two pair off in the season finale...

If you know all about Plano football, then you know execution trumps potential/ability 85 to 90% of the time. Kimbrough was a genius at having game plans and schemes that his team's could execute. If you didn't execute in practice, then you didn't see the field. If things were too complicated, like they were against Duncanville and Richardson in '86, he simplified it.

It is rather simple. If the plan isn't or can't be executed by those expected to do such, it will rarely work. There are exceptions, but we aren't talking about boxing. Teams delivering knockout punches are just that, a TEAM. I've posted my defensive philosophy on other threads. They aren't hard to find.

I'm not in the area. I live between the whorns and the rapists off of I-35. And as for your other comment... I am in this video, but does that really matter? Do you think that a guy on the bench doesn't know what to do? Why did we use 8 RB's in the game? Did we need that many? And why is LaMarque the only one to have the video? I suppose that doesn't matter either...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT