ADVERTISEMENT

JIMBO ELROD

CalSooner

OU scholarship offer
May 29, 2001
I saw on Facebook where former Sooner great Jimbo Elrod was killed in an auto accident.

Sad day for Sooner fans.

This hurts. Leaves a helpless feeling inside. RIP Jimbo. You were a great Sooner and will be missed!

Not wearing a seat belt on Turner Turnpike. Just awful that this happened. I hate driving on that road. People have no regard for the speed limit and when it rains hard you have to watch out for hydroplaning. Dangerous roadway.

Reactions: iasooner1
Elrod played on what may have been Oklahoma's 3 best teams ever from 1973-75 and played in the shadows of the likes of Shoate, Dewey Selmon, Randy Hughes and OU's greatest player Lee Roy Selmon.
A sad day for us long timers.

CT, we're losing too many greats before their time. Jack, Steve and now Jimbo. I'm sure I've missed others. For me, it all began with my friend Robert Kalsu. Getting old has its benefits but when things like this occur it really sucks.

I went to the City yesterday and I drove by the accident site on the way back. The guard rail hasn't been replaced yet. Sickest feeling I've had in quite awhile. I hope Jimbo's wife is recovering and out of danger. Last reports was that she is in serious condition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT