ADVERTISEMENT

Jennings 2 out blast lifts OU over Baylor

Soonerborn59

Sooner starter
Aug 16, 2009
OU almost suffered its first loss today against Baylor. Sooner were down 1-0 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th. These are the type of games that will only help them down the line. At some point they will lose a game or even a few games as we know going undefeated in softball is almost impossible. Final was 3-1.

OU almost suffered its first loss today against Baylor. Sooner were down 1-0 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th. These are the type of games that will only help them down the line. At some point they will lose a game or even a few games as we know going undefeated in softball is almost impossible. Final was 3-1.
These kids are incredible...especially the way they can turn it on when needed.

I really though the pitching performance, while spectacular, lulled the whole team asleep and they had very little energy until the 7th.

When a team blows everyone out its natural for athletes to get that relaxed attitude. I have never believed this is good for any team overall no matter how good the team really is.

I am one that thinks in order to get ready for a championship run a team need to be tested throughout the season. Come NCAA tournament time and moreso when getting to the WCWS teams are going to play against teams who are than capable of beating one another. This is why I hope to see OU involved in more games like this.

Reactions: iasooner2000
They should have, the game should have ended on that foul ball their left fielder misplayed but that kept them alive. Give them credit for pulling it out, but there were a lot of weak swings and just seemed like their intensity was not there Sunday. As dominant as they have been you can see how that can happen but I bet Patti doesn't let it happen again anytime soon. They are bound to lose at some point, just not Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT