ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Hurts?

Seems like the most polished of OU quarterbacks from past years so far. Of course I'm biased as I'm an eagles fan. šŸ˜

He is doing really well, good to see.
Someone posted while he was here that they had a theory of why his passing game was lackluster under Riley and he said he would post more about it later but he never did.
May have been Veritas not sure?
@veritas59 was that you?

Reactions: iasooner2000
He is doing really well, good to see.
Someone posted while he was here that they had a theory of why his passing game was lackluster under Riley and he said he would post more about it later but he never did.
May have been Veritas not sure?
@veritas59 was that you?
Wasn't me, my friend

Reactions: OUSOONER67
What you see in Jalen is in large part because what he became at OU. Bama is doing a better job with their quarterbacks now, but they weren't really back in his day. LR made him a much better pro prospect. And it shows. He got beat out by a freshman who was a quality player, Tua, who was the fifth pick in the NFL draft a year or two later than when Jalen was a 2nd rounder. But Jalen is a better quarterback now, and his year at OU is part of that. He is very likely to be NFL MVP this season.

He had IT. He always had IT. He is a supreme leader, humble guy, and the ultimate teammate. A higher quality guy. And when the Eagles built a team around his skills, they've come very close to having a perfect season, largely because of him. But his time at OU is a big part of that. He wouldn't have gone in the top half of the draft, had he stayed at Bama, or likely if he had transferred to anyplace else. And he wouldn't be as good as he is now.

He's a stud, and with his personality, if he stays healthy, he's going to win a few Super Bowls.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
What a difference a few years makes. Looks like Hurts is mentioned among the best in the NFL now, while Mayfield might be headed to the USFL or CFL.

• Wow
What you see in Jalen is in large part because what he became at OU. Bama is doing a better job with their quarterbacks now, but they weren't really back in his day. LR made him a much better pro prospect. And it shows. He got beat out by a freshman who was a quality player, Tua, who was the fifth pick in the NFL draft a year or two later than when Jalen was a 2nd rounder. But Jalen is a better quarterback now, and his year at OU is part of that. He is very likely to be NFL MVP this season.

He had IT. He always had IT. He is a supreme leader, humble guy, and the ultimate teammate. A higher quality guy. And when the Eagles built a team around his skills, they've come very close to having a perfect season, largely because of him. But his time at OU is a big part of that. He wouldn't have gone in the top half of the draft, had he stayed at Bama, or likely if he had transferred to anyplace else. And he wouldn't be as good as he is now.

He's a stud, and with his personality, if he stays healthy, he's going to win a few Super Bowls.
Great post Plaino. I totally agree!

After the Eagles beat the Pats and brought the trophy home for the 2017 season I drifted away from the NFL as I was satisfied finally. Heck, I didn't even realize the Eagles were 10-1 before yesterday's game. I might have to start paying attention again. Thanks a lot Jalen. FLY EAGLES FLY! šŸ˜

This may be the best chance ā€œAmericaā€™s Teamā€ has had in a while too
"America's team" has been stinkin up the joint for last two decades. Them poor fans. All my buds are cowboy fans! I love em but you better believe I give em hell when they start their crying. šŸ¤£

Now that CeeDee is getting his share I find myself watching and hoping that the Cowboys and the Indians (Chefs) make it to a the big game

Reactions: JConXtsy

Totally disagree. It was cringe and pray whenever Jalen threw a deep ball that year. He became check down Charlie to Lamb basically at one point during the season, and designed qb runs bc Riley had no confidence in him

I don't see anything that Riley did that helped him currently.

I never saw this coming. Super glad for him, but it's a complete shocker.

Totally disagree. It was cringe and pray whenever Jalen threw a deep ball that year. He became check down Charlie to Lamb basically at one point during the season, and designed qb runs bc Riley had no confidence in him

I don't see anything that Riley did that helped him currently.

I never saw this coming. Super glad for him, but it's a complete shocker.
Not to some of us. I didn't think he'd be this good, this fast. But quality men make for quality quarterbacks.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY

From high school to Alabama to Oklahoma and now Philadelphia, Hurts played under a new play-caller for seven straight seasons. He learned from them all, and no...

ADVERTISEMENT